SOUND DAMPENING THE FLOOR OF MY 33 DODGE

Sactownog

Decided to put some sound dampening material on the front floor boards of the 1933 Dodge, I have used this material on all my custom vehicles. does a good job of dampening the rattles and keeping out the unwanted outside road sound. 

its on the bottom removable floor board and the firewall floor board. I am not sure of the differrence yet in the car as I will be doing my test drive today after work, but for the most part, I look forward to doing the rest of the car from under driver seat back to under back seat. 

later plans are to remove body and clean frame then sand/spray with material that will dampen and keep frame from rusting. 

20180801_215945.jpg

20180801_215953.jpg

• Like 1

the roll is from Home Depot, it looks like this and can be found in the Roofing material area. it has a silver side and a peel and stick side. I use a knife to cut pieces to length needed. It cost about $15 a roll. 

it takes about 3-4 rolls to cover the complete inside of a vehicle. it is thicker and cheaper than dynamat. I have used it in many vehicles with loud stereo's and it consistantly proves itself to be a great sound deadner. 

13 SQFT 50mil Car Sound Deadener Noise Insulation Roll w/ Dynamat Xtreme Sample

The Dynamat in the catalogues is pretty expensive.

I got lucky and found a brand new large roll at a garage sale for a REAL GOOD price.

Its good to know about the Home Depot stuff.

How wide and how long is the roll?

On 8/4/2018 at 5:28 AM, jpage said:

That material is actually a window and door sealing tape, but if it works! Use a lot of it in construction but haven't thought of it for this purpose.

yes yes yes, you are right sir, I was trying to figure out what it was for exactly. but I found it after doing research for DYNAMAT on stereo dampener and when I found out that DYNAMAT buys the same style material but was MM thinner, I tried this stuff and it works great. the roll is about 6-8" wide and as long as you want it to be. 

this is the material I have used to dampen vehicles, the material is thicker than Dynamat. its a great product for sound dampner in vehicles. 

after I road tested the car Saturday morning, it was much quieter and floor vibrations were also a lot less than before. 

20180811_204352.jpg

• Like 1