1915 Hudson kingpins needed - who would have these?

Marty Roth

I need a set of kingpins for my 1915 Hudson SIX-40.

Can you suggest where these might be found?

Or maybe a vendor?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Marty king pins are one of the easiest parts to make or repair.

If you do not have the equipment get a machine shop to make them,depending on we're you live getting them heat treated before grinding can be a challenge.

I made new ones for my 12 McIntyre and repaired the ones in my 06 Cadillac by having them hard chromed and ground to a size larger then the loosest bushing thereby keeping all original parts cheers

Just out of curiosity looked in an old catalog---it only went back to 1917, but it noted :

"1917-24 Super Six (apparently to #526857) use bolts and bushings listed under Timken Axle 1216, 1218, 1250'..

If your 1915 used a Timken, and you prefer OE or NOS, your Timken axle might've been used in other then popular makes as well as Hudson, so you can broaden your search...

Again out of curiosity, eyeballing that catalog finds those three listed  for 1924 Armleder, 24-27 Chicago, 23-27 Cl,inton and  26-29 Clydesdale 1-11/2 Ton trucks, implying your axle, if Timken,  also might've widely used...

UPDATE---Those Timken axles noted above were (per that incomplete catalog) also used in some 20-25 Paige and the 16-19 #56  8cyl Peerless cars, AND some 19 or so truck makes (looks like 3/4 to 11/2 ton models)...

The HET people should have a catalog that covers 1915; you might have a similar situation, and might find some by posting the Timken axle number...

When necessary I made king pins and piston pins using induction hardened hydraulic rods.

They come in both English and metric sizes.

The outer case is so hard carbide will not touch it.

If you need to drill it grind off about 1/16" of the case and have at it.

The tensile strength is ridiculous.

• Like 1