Kidos on tail light restore post

stall

Like most people I'm liable to not pause enough to thank the guys who reached out and helped. Kudos to Ronnie, daves89 and dashmaster for the restoration info on repairing a cloudy tail light. I followed the advice to the letter and did it on thje czar even using the Spar varnish from Ace hardware. Two coats using the rubber touch up brush and it looks great. I am kinda a three thumb repair guy so I read your posts carefully and try to emulate your procededures.  I appreciate your advice.

I have other cars and I'm on the Chevelle. Corvette and., Studebaker forums. The Vette and Chevelle forums are mostly devoted to soap-ups and polish. Your forum and the Studebaker forum are informative about real life questions and considering that you're really dealing with a small population of owners the Reatta Forum goes to the top, thank you.

Murray

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Murray, thanks for your kind words. 5 Years ago there would be about a dozen guys to thank, but time has not really been our friend as a good number of those guys have left. I look forward to more guys stepping up. Hopefully it could be you. Sometimes the "three thumbs guys" do the best job of helping others.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

Murray, thanks for your kind words. 5 Years ago there would be about a dozen guys to thank, but time has not really been our friend as a good number of those guys have left. I look forward to more guys stepping up. Hopefully it could be you. Sometimes the "three thumbs guys" do the best job of helping others.

Murry, thanks for mentioning me in your kind words. I agree with Dave. It would be nice to have more people stepping up to offer help with Reatta problems. We have a great group of people on this forum who have helped me a lot over the years. Our numbers are dwindling but when you're needing help - it's quality, not quantity, that's important. :)

It's an interesting factoid that we have both the Forum and a Facebook page; I much prefer the Forum. As an example, on FB a lady wanted to know where / how to get a letter "C" for the rear tail light cover. In quite a few days there has been no response. The FB people seem to be very concerned with polishing and Cars & Coffee events but not at all  interested in helping. I am sure that a Forum post would have gotten a response on availability from maybe a wrecking yard but at least a response.

I do think that there could be a place for "Non-Reatta" posts. On the very active Studebaker post there is a Tech-question place and a "stove-hugger" section for interesting views on a variety of non-Studebaker stuff like "why are sedan sales down 27% for the last Qtr. at Ford?"  What this does is make a Forum a once a day visit rather than a visit only when you have a question IMHO. 

In any event I like the Reatta Forum and appreciate the help I've been given.

Murray

3 hours ago, stall said:

I do think that there could be a place for "Non-Reatta" posts. On the very active Studebaker post there is a Tech-question place and a "stove-hugger" section for interesting views on a variety of non-Studebaker stuff like "why are sedan sales down 27% for the last Qtr. at Ford?"  What this does is make a Forum a once a day visit rather than a visit only when you have a question IMHO. 

We are pretty flexible in our discussions here in the Reatta forum. I have encouraged discussions about other things than tech questions.  I started a thread Me and My Buick Reatta to try to get away from tech questions but it doesn't get many posts. We have another topic called "What did you do to your Reatta today that is for discussing  things other than tech stuff. Anything Reatta related is welcome here. The AACA has forums for general discussions and discussions of Fords and other stuff like you describe. If we get too far off topic here in the Reatta forum it clutters up to where you can't find Reatta information when you need it.  To me one of the disadvantages of facebook is the posts sometimes get way off topic. Ideally this forum would have a more open discussions and still be here when you need it for technical questions...