Make and year please

With the patented Nash "Lifeguard Front Fender" option.

Whether it's asphalt, brick, dirt or cobblestone, they are 100% guaranteed to grip the edge of any mid-west sinkhole and "hold fast" til help arrives.

Apparently, this one worked as designed. :lol:

This '31 Nash Ambassador is sitting in my shop right this moment. Wow, does it drive great! Never drove a Nash before, but I am extremely impressed. Former Tom Lester car that has been "Lesterized" and restored by Dale Adams, which I guess explains it.

Nash1.jpg

Nash1A.jpg

• Like 1

Matt,  that car needs white walls but otherwise is fantastic. Years ago Richard Bloomfield had a 1088 Ambassador that I lusted after. A friend just sold a '34 business coupe with the Advanced Eight that I had also wanted for years,  but when the time came I realized another car was probably a bad idea.

IMG_6433.JPG?format=1000w

It's funny the number of cars we associate with as economy cars that started out as once more mid-to-upper level quality cars. Thinking Nash is the same company that brought us the Metropolitan and Rambler (the later one). One would never believe they made cars like this. Studebaker as well.

Even the big three did it with models. They start out with something new and exciting then redesign it to the point that it is nothing like the original vision of the car. Buick Skylark and Olds Starfire come to mind. Think about a '50s Starfire and a late '70s Starfire. Same for the Buick Skylark. Glad they finally put some of those models to rest before they ended up being the name for the stalls in the restroom at GM headquarters, about the next step down the ladder I think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alsancle said:

Matt,  that car needs white walls but otherwise is fantastic. 

I usually like whitewalls but I agree in this Nash's case that blackwalls would make it look fantastic. There's enough glitter on the wheels to offset it.

If Tom Lester and Dale Adams were involved, then you could drive that Nash coast to coast and never think twice about it.

Lester's shop did two Pierce engines for me, back in the old days, and they were fabulous running engines. They sure knew what they were doing...

OK, this thread (and one on The Old Motor regarding Kissel) has caused me to revise my trip returning to Atlanta after the New London to New Brighton Run in Minnesota in a week or so.

I'm definitely adding a stop at the Wisconsin Automotive Museum in Hartford, where both Kissel and Nash are featured marques.

I was going to make the trip by myself, but turns out a friend needed a ride back home from Minnesota: Donald R. Peterson. Maybe someone here knows him? Don's graciously agreed to us stopping in Hartford (even though they don't have a lot of Packards there! LOL.).

It's gonna be a heck of a trip, as on the way back we're also hitting the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville and the Coker Collection, both of which I've been to but not Don has not.

On 7/29/2018 at 10:33 AM, auburnseeker said:

Even the big three did it with models. They start out with something new and exciting then redesign it to the point that it is nothing like the original vision of the car. Buick Skylark and Olds Starfire come to mind. Think about a '50s Starfire and a late '70s Starfire. Same for the Buick Skylark. Glad they finally put some of those models to rest before they ended up being the name for the stalls in the restroom at GM headquarters, about the next step down the ladder I think.

That crack about being the name for stalls in the restroom tickled the whiz outta me.  And, I could not agree more with what you said about new and exciting in the beginning, only to become anything but that.

• Haha 1