Need Help ID a Buffalo Wheel

dpeeler

Does anyone know how to ID a Buffalo wire wheel size? Attached is a Buffalo "hub cap" for the wheels I have.  I have concluded that the marking "LS"  (PL MS 4.5 LS) refers to left side (it has a left hand thread) but not sure about the 4.5. It is hard to make out, but there is a decimal point between the 4 and 5. I want to say this is a Buffalo #5??  Also looking for a left rear buffalo axle hub of this same size. Thanks for any help! David

IMG_2091.thumb.jpg.269b85c00d01a083fdbba655852aad25.jpg

I have been told that a couple of less common and intermediate size cars had Houk or Buffalo 4 1/2 hub and wheel centre size.     I have never had anything to do with HCS,,   but that is possibly one user.    The other is Templar;   but we have not been able to find front or rear axles for one that is an intended project of my son.    I have a pair  left and right hand of rear hubs of T Ford size, possibly #2,   plus two wheel centres.  It is not impractical to make extra wheel centres, and a fanciful possibility to make front hubs and scaled-down Hydraulics in A Duesenberg pattern.  If you make a T speedster that might do half an hour in 20 minutes,  the design and workmanship needs to be safe at any speed.  I know that L.L. Corum's Fronty Ford Speedster finished fifth among a line of Millers in 1923 had no front brakes,  But as far as I am concerned,  if I make a T Ford speedster that family or friends might drive in modern traffic,  It has to be safe.

dpeeler,

a couple years ago I bought four Marmon Houk caps, thinking that they were #5's. when I got home I found them to be a bit smaller than #5's. So I think that mine are the same size as yours pictured. I think that those might fit your Marmon if you are interested. Center Marmon logos are in place on mine and good.

Ron Hausmann P.E.