I have an oil leak..Can oil leak from the intake gasket or just coolant?-Does the Reatta Gen.1 3800,have an Upper and Lower intake manifold gasket,or just one intake manifold gasket??

ski.dive

Only one intake gasket and yes they can leak.  Be sure to purchase a Felpro gasket when you buy a new one and you might as well replace the PCV valve and its rubber grommet at the same time.  This is also a good time to clean the EGR valve the throttle body and the IAC.  Rebuild or replace the fuel injectors and replace the fuel pressure regulator at the same time along with the thermostat.  Since you are in there you might as well fix/maintain everything in the general area.

The manual says to coat all the intake bolts with thread lock compound.

I am in the process right now of changing my intake manifold gasket and PCV valve.  My small leak appears to be on the driver side toward the front  It does not leak very bad but with 118,000 miles on her there appears to be about 1/32" of grime and goo on top of the block in that area.  I should finish up tomorrow afternoon and I will let you know more.

Found the problem.  There was no extra gasket material such as "The Right Stuff" at each corner.  Leak was more evident at the rear of the engine.

Man, that was a pisser of a job with no AC in the garage!

DSCF2354.JPG

DSCF2355.JPG

DSCF2351.JPG

Great idea.  I just  spent way too much time installing a new PCV valve.  The kit I got from NAPA did not include the horizontal rubber part that goes to the plenum.  Luckily that part was still flexible.  The difficult part was getting the old hardened rubber ring out of the manifold and installing the new one.  

Old and new:

DSCF2358.JPG

DSCF2359.JPG