1929 Buick Carb and Fuel Pump Needed

Seven181

Yes, looking for a standard 6 carb. Fuel pump as well. So far, one lead, hoping to get pics of what's on my car now. A friend is working on it. It's a Buick 116. Hopefully something will turn up for me, as I really need them.

Another guy that can help is Tony Bult in Whitewater, WI.  His e-mail is tonybuick272829@gmail.com.  He has a lot of other parts for 1929 Buick's as well, should you need them.

However, I just bought a 1928 carb from Tony and installed it in my 1929 116" sedan.  I did that on his suggestion to eliminate the pot metal carb bowl that was 1st used in 1929.  Pot metal is fragile, brittle, and subject to cracking.  1928 carbs still have a brass bowl and I feel much better about the durability of the carb bowl now.  Tony will build one up and adjust it for you, then ship it to you if you would like to go that way. 

I bought a new fuel pump from his too, and it works well.  But there are a few minor mechanical variations on the inlet and outlet ports on the fuel pump (which first was used in Buicks in 1929), so you might need to bend new tubes to connect if the new pump is different from what was originally in your car (that happened to me).

John

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2018 at 11:37 PM, jps said:

Another guy that can help is Tony Bult in Whitewater, WI.  His e-mail is tonybuick272829@gmail.com.  He has a lot of other parts for 1929 Buick's as well, should you need them.

However, I just bought a 1928 carb from Tony and installed it in my 1929 116" sedan.  I did that on his suggestion to eliminate the pot metal carb bowl that was 1st used in 1929.  Pot metal is fragile, brittle, and subject to cracking.  1928 carbs still have a brass bowl and I feel much better about the durability of the carb bowl now.  Tony will build one up and adjust it for you, then ship it to you if you would like to go that way. 

I bought a new fuel pump from his too, and it works well.  But there are a few minor mechanical variations on the inlet and outlet ports on the fuel pump (which first was used in Buicks in 1929), so you might need to bend new tubes to connect if the new pump is different from what was originally in your car (that happened to me).

John

Thanks! I did reach out to Tony. He’s looking for parts for me. Fingers crossed. 

Thx,

Brian