Dodge Bros keys

Recently aquired a locking door handle for my 29 DB truck. I believe the lock was only on the passenger side.

I do not have the key, but the DB key code is stamped on the lock. Is it possible to get a key for this lock #. Or if not possible can a locksmith make a key that will work?

60FF07BD-8E68-44B0-9939-DC16D093C838.thumb.jpeg.ac0e4af7c458f370de78f1f4f38bdc5d.jpeg

• Like 1

You got a great deal on that if it's the one from Ebay recently. I had no idea you needed that or I would have forwarded it to you...guess I've just been to busy lately.

If you do have one made make sure it's groove 3 and round head blank #42164 style for the door handle.

Ignition is groove 3 and hectagon head blank #52138 

(assuming you have a key coil starting with #'s between DB501-750) 

If your ignition is a clum key (which I believe it is from memory) disregard the blank #52138 style as that is only for a key coil with a BASCO prefix of DB501-750. Clums will not work in Briggs and Briggs will not work in Clums.

B&S 01 Groves and Codes 1.jpg

B&S 01 Catalogue Vehicles and codes.jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Several years ago, I had keys made for the ignition of my 1930 DC 8 by a lock and key shop.  I took the coil with the switch in it to the shop and the next day I had two new keys that worked perfectly.  You might try calling around to locksmiths and see if there is one that can help. 

• Like 1

My Dodge 8 has the same key for ignition and door lock. i took the door handle to a locksmith on Friday. The lock was stuck. He rang yesterday; it will be ready today with a new key. He removed the barrel from the handle because I thought it was stuck because of die-cast metal failure = expansion.