1936 Dodge gas tank removal

I know that this topic was discussed here but I can't find the link. Can someone please explain again the steps necessary to get the tank filler elbow clear of the body? At the moment the bottom edge of the tank hits the back spring and won't let the tank swing down far enough to let the filler neck clear. It looks like it should be a simple thing and I don't want to force anything. That usually ends up badly. Sorry if this is repetitive. Thanks, 

If you look at the end of the filler tube you will notice 2 small notches 180 Deg. apart. This tube, reluctantly, must be removed to facilitate the tank removal. I just tried to remove one from a bare frame and it drove me nuts, with the body on it's probably near impossible. Pete from Pa was having the same issue. I would soak the daylights out of the threads on the base of the tube and fashion some kind of wrench that covered the opening and fit the slots to try to back it out. Be careful not to break the base away from the tank. The tube does not allow the tank to drop far enough the clear the right side spring as it gets jammed against the body cover. Hope you are successful! Let us know how you make out.