NEW Foods at the Fall Meet?

Steve Moskowitz

• 2 weeks later...

Love being across from the crab cake vendor.  Agree with the baked goods - PA is famous for their apple fritters.  Makes a great breakfast.    Wish it was easier to find UNSWEATENED Ice tea though.  

Terry

I have missed the guy that made homemade ice cream with the hit & miss engine in the lower Chocolate field. He stayed open  late and was always a nice walk after supper for desert.

22 hours ago, Terry Bond said:

Love being across from the crab cake vendor.  Agree with the baked goods - PA is famous for their apple fritters.  Makes a great breakfast.    Wish it was easier to find UNSWEATENED Ice tea though.  

Terry

The crab cake vendor is my favorite. I remember the first year the car show moved to the old golf course and I walked over to the Giant Center to get a sandwich on Saturday. Thank goodness they started moving one of the crab cake trailers to the show field on Saturday soon after that. I attended a car show recently and had a crab cake sandwich there. Sadly, it paled in comparison to the crab cakes at Hershey.

To answer Steve's question...

How about a GOOD Meatball sub,  a GOOD Veal Parm or Chicken Parm sub? I realize "good" is a subjective term but I find it a challenge to find sandwiches of this type that taste good. I find that often times that the sauce used on these sandwiches gets acidic from simmering for long periods of time and the water  is simmered away. Also, the quality of the meat used in these sandwiches can impact the taste as well.

50 minutes ago, charlier said:

The crab cake vendor is my favorite. I remember the first year the car show moved to the old golf course and I walked over to the Giant Center to get a sandwich on Saturday. Thank goodness they started moving one of the crab cake trailers to the show field on Saturday soon after that. I attended a car show recently and had a crab cake sandwich there. Sadly, it paled in comparison to the crab cakes at Hershey.

To answer Steve's question...

How about a GOOD Meatball sub,  a GOOD Veal Parm or Chicken Parm sub? I realize "good" is a subjective term but I find it a challenge to find sandwiches of this type that taste good. I find that often times that the sauce used on these sandwiches gets acidic from simmering for long periods of time and the water  is simmered away. Also, the quality of the meat used in these sandwiches can impact the taste as well.

I myself find the bread to be the worst part of those sandwiches, just not all that fresh, but very little that can be done about that in the environment we are in at Hershey 

• Like 1