Reatta Pace Cars

tbenvie

While researching the various Indy 500 Pace cars, i found the Reatta was twice selected for the Pace car duties for 1988 One Lap of America and 1990 Great American race.The 90 convertible had to be a real early build as the article mentions production will start on them soon. Anyone have any other information, or know where the cars are now?  1990 article dated 7-10-1989 and 1988 article dated 4-15-1988

7-10-1989.png

Reatta 7-10-89.png

4-15-88.png

Edited by tbenvie (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I know this has been mentioned before but for the newer members who might not be aware of it, The 88 PPG Reatta pace car. Here are a few pics. And I'm going on record I really like the lower aero treatment all around, it's a shame no one made this as a kit. I believe the pic without the light bar is later than the others the last I knew some years ago it was in a private collection here on Long Island, it had been up for sale with a big pricetag

reatta3.png

ebay1021510.jpg

be870b427b4724ff787ed8fa31aa53c3--pace-medium.jpg

• Like 1

My last Reatta was one of the 1990 Great Race pace cars.  It was bought from a dealer in SoCal by the original owner and shipped up here to the Great Northwet.  I purchased it several years ago.  The original owner had kept the pace car decals and passed them onto me.  I had one mounted on a display board for when I showed the car.  The car had no other markings or special stuff that wasn't on any other white, 1990 convertible with a garnet interior.  It was remarkably well kept and at 100K miles it won a Gold Award at the Portland National.  I then sold the car to good friend who still has the car.  I'd be happy to share any further info if desired.  While the Pace Car history made for a good story about the car, I never felt like it added anything to the value of the car.

Judging Marilyn.JPG

2014 Buick Open.jpg

• Like 1