Cardrona Hotel, near Wanaka, New Zealand

nzcarnerd

Interesting mid 1920s car. What is it?

Cardrona Hotel.jpg

I think the photo dates from somewhere in the late 1920s. For reference here are the NZ plates from the first national plates in 1925 until the introduction of permanent plates from 1964.

nz plates.jpg

This is a recent shot of the same hotel. The Chrysler is a permanent fixture there.

Image result for cardrona hotel

1 hour ago, Grandpa said:

I would like to offer my guess.  The unknown car is a circa 1926 Nash Light Six / Advanced Ajax.

1926 Ajax a.jpg

You could be right. Two things I noticed about the Rollin, it has rim bolts which the Nash doesn't have and the Rollin does not have the tubular cross bar at the front of the chassis.

Hi nzcarnerd,

The unknown car pictured does not seem to have wheel rim bolts.  Also, the size of the wheel hubs, and the extension of the hubs past the wheel, look like the 1926 Nash Ajax Six.  The Nash Ajax does have a cross bar at the front of the frame, as does the unknown car.  The picture, below, is a 1926 Nash Ajax touring car under restoration.

Grandpa

1926 Ajax d.jpg

8 hours ago, Grandpa said:

Hi nzcarnerd,

The unknown car pictured does not seem to have wheel rim bolts.  Also, the size of the wheel hubs, and the extension of the hubs past the wheel, look like the 1926 Nash Ajax Six.  The Nash Ajax does have a cross bar at the front of the frame, as does the unknown car.  The picture, below, is a 1926 Nash Ajax touring car under restoration.

Grandpa

1926 Ajax d.jpg

I should have phrased my last comment better. I agree it is a Nash.