Rear carb 1941 Buick 60-70-90 AA-1 new or used

Dynaflash8

I would love to find a NOS or Rebuilt 1941 Buick 60-70-90 AA-1 rear carburetor for my 1941 Buick Roadmaster.  I would also be interested in buying a complete used carburetor that I can send off to be rebuilt.

Does anybody have one laying around?  I saw a used one on eBay about six months ago and neglected to jump on it.

Thanks

I didn't know there was an early and a late carb.  I have a NOS front carb in the box.  What do you want me to look for on the box or the carb?  The carbs on the car work great, but are really scummy.  I don't want to log the car down to have them rebuilt.  I have a NOS Stronberg kit for the front and two of them for the rear carb.  I have no idea if the ones on the car are early or late.  The kits do not mention if they are for an early or late carb.  Thanks for your reply

4 hours ago, carbking said:

The Stromberg sales number should be on the box.

The Stromberg code number (7-something) will be stamped (not raised) on the top cover of the carburetor.

Jon.

The NOS Front carburetor is a Stromberg Bendix AAV Number 380104.  Both of the kits I have for it fit three different AAV's including this one.

Is it your recommendation if or when I use this carburetor that I rebuild it first, or just go ahead and use it?

Thanks for your experience and help.  Earl Beauchamp

9 hours ago, g-g-g0 said:

Looks like there is a pair of used ones on EBay this evening.

I've been watching ebay for 1941 Buick more than once a day and I just went there again.  Ebay has a way of hiding stuff.  I've put stuff up for sale and never found the listing but sold it anyway.  Can you give me a lead on how to find these carburetors if they're still there?

Also, my aunt and uncle had 1942 Buick Special 46S during the war and afterward until they bought a 1951 Buick in about 1952 or 53.  It was two-tone green.  I even have the serial or motor number on a 1946 registration card.  I'm sure it never made it's way to Indiana, but it would be interesting to know.

Earl

19 hours ago, Dynaflash8 said:

The NOS Front carburetor is a Stromberg Bendix AAV Number 380104.  Both of the kits I have for it fit three different AAV's including this one.

Is it your recommendation if or when I use this carburetor that I rebuild it first, or just go ahead and use it?

Thanks for your experience and help.  Earl Beauchamp

The matching carb would be Stromberg sales 380088, code 7-61.

Jon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dynaflash8 said:

I've been watching ebay for 1941 Buick more than once a day and I just went there again.  Ebay has a way of hiding stuff.  I've put stuff up for sale and never found the listing but sold it anyway.  Can you give me a lead on how to find these carburetors if they're still there?

Also, my aunt and uncle had 1942 Buick Special 46S during the war and afterward until they bought a 1951 Buick in about 1952 or 53.  It was two-tone green.  I even have the serial or motor number on a 1946 registration card.  I'm sure it never made it's way to Indiana, but it would be interesting to know.

Earl

Earl - just noticed your question.

The components Stromberg used do not deteriorate such as the gaskets used by both Carter (before 1958) and Rochester.

On the other hand, we have spiders here in Missouri ;):(

Jon.

2 hours ago, carbking said:

Jon.

Thank you Jon,

Earl

30 minutes ago, carbking said:

Earl - just noticed your question.

The components Stromberg used do not deteriorate such as the gaskets used by both Carter (before 1958) and Rochester.

On the other hand, we have spiders here in Missouri ;):(

Jon.

Jon, So all you have to do is find me a new AAV-1 380088 or a used one and rebuild it and sell it to me.  How's that sound? ?

It sounds rather difficult, those carbs do NOT grow on trees!

The Carter versions are more common, but I don't have a set of those either.

For a "driver" (NOT numbers matching), we have suggested for years, and set up several using two of the normal single 2 barrel carbs used on the 40/50 engines, and converting to solid linkage, rather than progressive. Both carbs run all of the time. Better driveability, more power, better fuel economy, but will lose points at a car show.

If you do this, you need two exact matching carbs, but matching single 2 barrel carbs for the 40/50 series is not a difficult task.

Jon.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:47 AM, carbking said:

Jon.

Jon:  I found a code 7-56 on ebay.  It is a core.  Can it be built with my NOS Stromberg kit.  It also says it is a Rochester H and I don't know what that means.    Earl

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)