Pierce Arrow Lamps

Jerry1272

I have a pair of 1913 Pierce kerosene (side) lamps I bought at an auction. They are stamped Pierce Arrow Motor Car Co. on the side and The Adams & Westlake Co. on the bottom.

I believe they are for the 66-A-1 Touring car. I have no idea there value, can someone help?

DSC03729.JPG

They are extremely nice lamps however I have a feeling there are quite a few more lamps out there than Pierce Arrows that need them. I have seen at least 2 or 3 pairs for sale over the years. 

And I haven't even been to any of the major swap meets, Hershey etc.

Greg in Canada

These are commonly known as AdLake lights (the shortened version of Adams and Westlake).

It's probable that these were originally nickel plated and have been stripped, although I believe some brass lamps without plating are out there.

I bought a very nice pair with nice nickel plating for around $250, if that helps any.

Remember, when these cars were junked, the first thing saved in the junkman's display cabinet was all the brightwork, so for every car that is left, there are probably 50 sets of lights.....

Edited by trimacar (see edit history)

David is right on with his info (as always).  I've been a lamp collector for along time and have a nice pair I purchased at an automobilia auction a few years ago for about the same price.  I've seen them for sale for a lot more - year, after year, after year on the same table at Hershey, so the need just isn't there except perhaps for collectors.  The more difficult one to find is the tail lamp with the bail handle.  Only one per car and they sometimes bounced off and got damaged when they were actually in use. 

Terry