1924 Dodge VIN location

I have just moved to Colorado where they require VIN confirmation to get plates...this is a visual confirmation, so a VIN on a title won't work. This is a speedster type of body though listed as a roadster, so it doesn't have doors / jambs for a VIN, there is no plate on the upper right floorboards like my '29 and the engine # doesn't match the VIN on the title. Does anyone know another spot to look for a VIN on a '24 DB? Thanks!

11 hours ago, JayG said:

Right side is Passenger side.

Interesting Truck division placed them on the driver's side, set back above the front shackle of the front axle.

On my '24 touring, it's stamped on the outside of the right (passenger side) frame rail near the rear shackle mount for the front spring, similar to the photo in Mattml430's reply.  I had to rub it gently with fine sandpaper to make it readable.   As I recall the numbers are about 3/8 of an inch high.  I'd assume it's in the same location on all cars of that year.

Where in Colorado are you?  We're a ways east of Parker.

Keith

12 hours ago, Farmallregular said:

On my '24 touring, it's stamped on the outside of the right (passenger side) frame rail near the rear shackle mount for the front spring, similar to the photo in Mattml430's reply.  I had to rub it gently with fine sandpaper to make it readable.   As I recall the numbers are about 3/8 of an inch high.  I'd assume it's in the same location on all cars of that year.

Where in Colorado are you?  We're a ways east of Parker.

Keith

Thanks Keith, I'm in Pueblo.

Driver's and or passenger's side can pose problems in places that have a different "rule of the road".  Any parts book that I have ever seen describes right and left as if you were standing behind the vehicle, facing forward.

Well, either way, passenger or driver, port or starboard, left or right, I've checked front and rear shackles on all springs and no number....it may have been sandblasted, filled and painted over as I don't know when this body was built; 9 or 90 years ago....it may be under the fender, but I'm not taking all that off to show a guy a VIN......Looks like I may be able to redo a VIN though w/ paperwork. I didn't know this, but Colorado apparently wants to see the car running.....my '29 DA died last week (a total other story) and even if all other stuff (lights, signals, horn, etc.) can run off the battery they want it to run too. Never thought it would be so complicated just to get plates for old cars!

Now that's interesting...when I brought my '24 in from Oregon about 6 or 7 years ago, all they cared about was that there was a number on the car somewhere that matched the number on the Oregon title, and that the Oregon title had signatures in the appropriate places.  Stopped at a used car dealer next door to the DMV, got a VIN verification, took that form and the signed off title to the DMV office, and walked out with all the paperwork & plates.  Title came in the mail later.  Never took the car off the trailer. 

Wonder what's changed, or if you got someone who doesn't understand antique vehicles.

Keith