Bob Zetnick

1924 Dodge VIN location

I have just moved to Colorado where they require VIN confirmation to get plates...this is a visual confirmation, so a VIN on a title won't work. This is a speedster type of body though listed as a roadster, so it doesn't have doors / jambs for a VIN, there is no plate on the upper right floorboards like my '29 and the engine # doesn't match the VIN on the title. Does anyone know another spot to look for a VIN on a '24 DB? Thanks!

I was under the impression that there is a number on the cross member under the passenger side floorboard. I could be wrong.

On my '24 touring, it's stamped on the outside of the right (passenger side) frame rail near the rear shackle mount for the front spring, similar to the photo in Mattml430's reply.  I had to rub it gently with fine sandpaper to make it readable.   As I recall the numbers are about 3/8 of an inch high.  I'd assume it's in the same location on all cars of that year.

Where in Colorado are you?  We're a ways east of Parker.

Keith

12 hours ago, Farmallregular said:

On my '24 touring, it's stamped on the outside of the right (passenger side) frame rail near the rear shackle mount for the front spring, similar to the photo in Mattml430's reply.  I had to rub it gently with fine sandpaper to make it readable.   As I recall the numbers are about 3/8 of an inch high.  I'd assume it's in the same location on all cars of that year.

Where in Colorado are you?  We're a ways east of Parker.

Keith

Thanks Keith, I'm in Pueblo.

4 hours ago, Taylormade said:

Bob, don’t tell me Colorado isn’t going to let you license that beautiful green and black speedster!  Say it isn’t so. 

Luckily, I still have Texas plates I'll use for a while!