Anyone need a small restoration project?

I was on a school field trip in 1976 (15 years old at the time) and on the edge of a parking lot was one of these double deckers in what I remember as pretty ratty condition. A buddy (also 15) who was amazingly  mechanically inclined, fussed around under the dash and started the thing! Trip chaperones were not amused.

• Like 1

Image result for UC Davis double busesimage.jpeg.f11fcf2f5f0fc9df86988dd22a0f5b76.jpeg2819-at-MU-300x225.jpg

They use those at the college I went to, still do. Davis near Sacramento.

These vehicles are the pride of the Unitrans fleet, and they are available for chartering services with STS. They are roughly 60-65 years old and are kept in great shape by our fantastic shop mechanics. In fact, the bus pictured above is the only known London double decker that runs on clean natural gas in North America. They all seat 56 passengers, however they are not ADA-compliant. Additionally, there is no air conditioning, so it gets rather warm during the summer. No double deckers can be used for charters leaving Davis city limits.

There was a guy locally who had one of these that was running and in fair shape. I did get a chance to ride in it and they are purely interurban vehicles as I don't think it would do 15 mph! Surely a lumbering ox! I see now that it sets next to a bar as yard art.

6 hours ago, Ozstatman said:

Couple of Sundays back saw this Sydney Double Decker Bus in a guys shed. Sydney DD buses would be fairly similar to London DD buses

Sydney DD Bus.JPG

If that is a "shed" I am move down there to get myself a shed. Here is a picture of sheds out here.image.jpeg.fdc5aa56f122c4f480db2f6527816e95.jpeg

• Like 2