Help With 20's Chrysler

Reesebarger

Cool car. Looks like a 1926-1928. Scroll down to the Chrysler Products section of the forum for help there. Is the instrument panel there? If so, does it have a rectangular FEDCO plate on the dash? Looks kinda like this....

closeup.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

31 minutes ago, Reesebarger said:

Do you have any idea where I could get parts?

There are a few places to get parts. Make a list and post them in the Chrysler Products Buy and Sell section below the General Discussion section.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Hi,

How much of the car body is actually there?

From your pictures, this car should be considered a parts car. It appears that the top half of the body, doors, body wood, spoked wheels and lots of other stuff is missing. While it is possible, with time, to find parts for your car, they could end up costing you a LOT more than the car is worth.

If the car is of sentimental value to you, then you may want to persevere with a rebuild, but talking from experience, if I were you, I would look for a donor car to buy for parts, or better still, find a complete car to restore and use this one for parts.

I'm not being unkind, or trying to put you off, but think long and hard, before you invest thousands of dollars in parts, and six to eight hundred  hours of labour. Have a look at the Chrysler for sale section, there is a 1926 tudor that the guy wants less than 2 grand for it.

My 2c worth.

all the best

Viv.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Reesebarger said:

It was a convertible and there was no top half of the body. There is no wood spoke left but I do have the wheels and the body is completely intact and it is off of the ground.

No. It was originally a two door coach as Dave Mellor NJ stated.

11 hours ago, Curti said:

Does the serial number indicate it was a tudor coach or the lack of folding top hardware  at the back of the body ?

The Fedco number is just that - a number. There is no information to be had from it other that a suggestion of an approximate production date.  Not like more modern Id plates with all sorts of info on them

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:35 AM, keiser31 said:

Looks like LC591C. That would be a 1928 Model 62 six cylinder coach. Built in September of 1927. 11,154 of that model were built.

Copy of Fedco chart 3.jpg

Fedco chart 3.jpg

latest FEDCO plate.jpg

Do you have the page for the earlier models with the Fedco plate?