New modified forum at the VFF

carrfixr

39 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

Is this site  run my Model A Ford EXPERTS, ( like the Ford Barn)  that berate you if your cotter pins are placed in the wrong direction on an after June 5, 1929 built car, or is it for normal folks as well? Bob 

Hi Bob

Unlike the Ford  Barn we have separate areas of interest to accommodate whatever your in to. If you would like to know about cotter pins you can ask that in the fine point authenticity forum. If you're into just normal  discussion with sidebars the general area is for that. This thread was posted here to bring attention to the NEW modified  forum. In there you can discuss the heavier side of chassis and engine mods or transplants. etc. Oh and there are also specialized technical forums broken down into sub categories. These tech areas are combined threads of information for the same topic.  Having these separate areas of interest eliminates the pissing on each other that you mentioned. If your not interested in FP then don't open that door.  Regarding your MODEL A EXPERT comment, yes we have some of the best out there participating and courteously helping others . Your welcome to  come over and check it out for yourself, the folks there are posting in harmony.  I'll bet that you''l be pleasantly surprised

Mitch

Edited by carrfixr (see edit history)

Bob that is understandable , but I can tell you the tide is turning with MARC anyway. There is some newer blood starting  to make critical decisions which is for the better.  I’m looking forward to seeing ya on the VFF. 

Mitch

I am a regular on the MTFCA forum and even bought a 15  touring in the US thanks to this site last spring. Then an original 12 touring through the AACA  forum. Will have to give this forum a chance I guess just to please the wife. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1937hd45 said:

Joe, Your 1912 is a very nice one, hope you are enjoying it. Check out the Locomobile 48 thread my '12 and Motoringicons '12 are there side by side in a 1991 photo. Bob 

So far Bob all I have done is taken off the passenger door for easy asses to check out the bands and turned the engine over. The car was in a museum on display from 1949 then sat in storage for 8 years before I got it. Going to tear the engine down for a rebuild this winter, put in a Ruckstell and redo any mechanic's to make it a good driver for next year.

I seen that picture in the Locomobile 48 thread when it was posted. A very nice car that you have had for a long time to enjoy.     

3 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

Thanks Mitch, I'll wander over 57 years in the hobby and the general membership of BOTH Model A Clubs have keep me from ever wanting to be a member of either group, their attitude is just unbearable. Bob  

I frequently visit Mitch's Vintage Ford Forum (VFF).  The VFF is a darn good site, especially compared to the bombastic 'Ford Barn'.  Mitch and other VFF folks are eager to help, and Mitch makes sure that fresh information is always flowing and organized for easy retrieval.  

Mitch just added this new section (the 'Early Ford Modified') to the larger VFF.  This new addition shows how Mitch is constantly upgrading the VFF site and adding new info.

Alex

Edited by Real Steel (see edit history)
  • Like 1