victorialynn2

Who did ‘57 Better? Ford or Chevy?

Ah you guys are a lot of fun.  I must have gone to high-school with every one of you.  During those years I was allowed only envy of those who drove almost anything of 1957.

While in the service, in 1963, my first '57 was a Belair Convertible. which I drove until I was assigned to Goose Bay.  After discharge, a member of my dad's church made a '57 Rambler available while I attended college. (not a Rebel)  It seemed that all my high-school friends were driving '56 , '57 or '58 models of various makes.  Among them a '56 Plymouth Fury, a couple of '57 Chevrolets, a '57 Ford, and a '58 Plymouth.  My third '57 was a Ford Thunderbird (Red on Red on Red).  Next was a '57 Buick Caballero Estate wagon, restored by me, my wife and a number of professionals. Last but not least is a 1957 Buick Roadmaster Convertible, probably one of the most beautiful automobiles of the 1950's.  Oh, do not overlook Mr. Barry Wolk's Lincoln Continental Convertible.  Watch him on these forums.

Copy of 2011Caballero at Meadowbrook.jpg

56Ply Fury.jpg

05CharlieTBirdB.jpg

Autumn 2013 001.JPG

Edited by Caballero2 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Well I am sold on the 57 Ford after looking at the latest issue of Antique Automobile that arrived today! That black and red retractable is real sharp

8 minutes ago, John348 said:

Well I am sold on the 57 Ford after looking at the latest issue of Antique Automobile that arrived today! That black and red retractable is real sharp

Oooh, can’t wait to see it. Mine will be delayed due to moving. 

I will tell you all that everyone I’ve given a ride in it likes the ride. Maybe @keiser31 can tell us his honest opinion of the drive and ride?

I’ve seen some red and white ones and I think that’s my favorite color combo. The coral is fun though and I especially get a kick out of reactions of little girls at the car shows when they see the car. Plus, my dad wasn’t a dummy, he knew the big girls would love it also!

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

Love the 56 Fury, a much overlooked 50s specialty car. According to a Tom McCahill road test it would outperform the hottest 56 Fords and Chevs thanks to its Canadian sourced 303 engine. It also had the style to look right at home in front of the toniest night clubs in New York or Hollywood. I wouldn't mind having one now.

• Like 1