Can Anyone Tell What kind Car this is from?

tctommy1

16 hours ago, Dave Mellor NJ said:

Without any holes for the "Galaxie" script, I think your fender was part of a plain Fairlane.The price leader in 60

Would replacement fenders have come with holes?  Seems it would be more efficient to produce just one version without holes and drill them at time of installation if it was on a Galaxie.

3 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

How could the fender have been "used" if it was never painted?

Are we sure it didn't just get bumped around a bit in 50 years' storage?

Looks to me like it IS painted Palm Springs Rose color for 1960.

13 hours ago, Dave Mellor NJ said:

This is a used fender, not a replacement. There are holes for the molding around the perimeter and rust in the bottom

OK, if it's used, the lack of script holes would indicate it's off a Fairlane.  But that still doesn't answer the question of replacement fenders.  Both Galaxie and Fairlane have the perimeter molding so it makes sense replacements would have the holes punched for it.  But only Galaxie has the script.  So Ford either would have supplied fenders both with and without holes for it, or just without and let the body shop drill the holes upon installation on a Galaxie.  The latter seems more efficient.

4 hours ago, keiser31 said:

I cannot imagine that the fenders were not punched for the emblems prior to installation. They were quite organized.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about replacement fenders - assembly line may have been different.  It just seems to me it would be more efficient to supply only un-punched replacements rather than punched and un-punched, which would require different part numbers and perhaps more inventory.  Just include a paper template so the body shop can drill the script holes when installing the fender on a Galaxie.

• Like 2