Sign in to follow this  
RICHELIEUMOTORCAR

1954 Packard Patrician. Amazing unrestored original. Belonged to my 90 year old uncle for decades.

Good day everyone. I just listed my 54 Packard Patrician on Ebay. This car is an unrestored original and in amazing condition. Been in my family for decades. It belonged to my 90 year old uncle. The listing comes up under "other makes" for some reason although I put in under Packard. As some of you know my situation, as much as I would like to hang onto all my cars, there are too many to deal with. This Packard is ready to enjoy. No rust anywhere. My uncle used to take it on AACA and Packard club tours. It would be an outstanding HPOF car. I could not seem to post the link here, maybe someone can. Looking for a good home for an old family friend. It's not easy to part with the cars, however, I have to start the process. Reserve is 15k. Unlikely to find another original 54 Packard even close to this. Thank you. 

IMG_5675.JPG

IMG_5627.JPG

IMG_5626.JPG

IMG_5625.JPG

IMG_5648.JPG

IMG_5655.JPG

Wow ! Lookin' REAL good, Matt ! What a pleasure to own and drive the rare examples of such well preserved old cars. Best of luck with the auction !   -  Carl  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dave Fields said:

One of the most comfortable cars I have ever ridden in. Almost ghostly smooth. 

I'll verify that. My wife had one for a daily driver. She referred to it as her " Tank" , but it was preferred transportation for highway travel. 

Smooth on " double Eagle " tires and quiet.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, C Carl said:

Wow ! Lookin' REAL good, Matt ! What a pleasure to own and drive the rare examples of such well preserved old cars. Best of luck with the auction !   -  Carl  

Thanks Carl. See? Not all of our cars were sitting outside. From the day my uncle bought it, he put this one right inside the heated garage attached to the house and used it very little which is why the car still looks this amazing and only has 44k miles in almost 65 years. I am already feeling sellers remorse. I remember riding in the back seat to car shows as a youngster. Gee, I hate selling cars. I really do. ?

Thanks guys for the nice comments on this car. Auction ends later today. Current high bid is 11500 which is almost a joke for this car so unless bidding jumps up near the end of the auction, this car is not going anywhere for only 11500.

Well bidding shows you what people are willing to pay for it at the moment.  Usually first time through is the best bidding and gets lower after that.    No better way to gauge what it's worth.  I sell on ebay Professionally 30 plus items every night no reserve with a 95 percent sell through rate.  Market changes.  Maybe for the better maybe for the worse.  Remember all the people are dieing off that like old cars so there will be less buyers next year.   Good luck with the sale. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2018 at 7:41 PM, GregLaR said:

Sold $12,500.

Yep, it sold for a song. I almost don't want to let it go for that amount but he met the reserve so a deal is a deal. I am not very pleased with the final number but I'm sure the new owner will love the car. He wants to come asap to pick the car up as he already knows he made an outstanding buy.  Where are you going to get a car like this for only 12500? Even though it's a 4 door, it's still the top line Patrician and a fantastic HPOF survivor.

Edited by RICHELIEUMOTORCAR (see edit history)
  • Like 1