Plymouth 19" Split Rim 29, 30U Wanted

• 2 weeks later...

Frank if you have part as pattern can make new pieces . Or weld on new extensions broke off . Had to weld all mine and fix . Once in wheel can not be seen or open , if spare, pick best and add safety wire . Had bounced one and it opened VIOLENTLY . Would hate to see some pry on  at  show .

Frank,

R U going to Hershey?

if so I may have one complete 1929 U wood wheel, rim, with brake drum, and hub cap left. Unfortunately I won't know till I start the search, If I look are you Interested in the complete setup? and get at hershey?, if I still have one?, kinda want to sell the whole setup as one. will try and see if I have any left this week.

send me a PM or email me  thehandleman@comcast.net 

Rich

Tom, you are right about violent!  The clasp turned to shrapnel when it blew.  I'm lucky i wasn't in the way.  I had just finished putting in 38 psi and it was resting upright.

Rich, I won't be able to make Hershey, but  I'll send you an email.    Thanks,   frank

IMG_5514Old Rim.jpg

WOW! Frank . You may have ruin the rim also . I was seating my tire tube after a new install .  And tube bulged out and blew while I bounced it . If you had safety tie on it,  would not separate at those low pressures . It does not take much to cam over and release , especial when worn .

Tom, the clasp is fine, but turning that rim into a circle again might be a challenge.

i have another rim to use as a spare, but cosmetically it is a mess - better than nothing, though.  Hoping to find one in better condition.

Frank,

I have found a 1929 U plymouth wood wheel 20"  with 11" brake drum ID  ,  The 19" was used on 30U model and 1930 plymouth U models both of 1930 as per my books ?  I have attached both wheel book pages, I have for the 1929 Plymouth U, I have a car and have had several Parts cars over the years, check out the data, so I guess I don't have what your looking for ?? 

Rich

IMG_1054.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

IMG_1056.JPG

IMG_1048.JPG

IMG_1049.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1051.JPG

IMG_1052.JPG

IMG_1053.JPG

Thanks for all this information..  My FEDCO # is Y089WE which has the 19" wheel/rim.  A friend in town has a '29 with the 20".  As you know, Chrysler made changes during assembly.  Maybe they put a 29U body on a 30U frame in August 1929??

Rich, I appreciate your time on my problem.     frank