Car Transport Needed - AL to NC - Completed

Rivman

I posted this on the main AACA Towing Needed forum, and the BCA General forum, just thought I would try it here too.

I’m looking to get a 1970 Buick Riviera hauled from Mobile, AL to Sophia, NC. The car runs and drives but it has been a while since it has been on the road so I’m just not sure about driving it home. According to Google maps it is right around a 650-mile trip. Enclosed trailer not required.

PM me with price, if you are available, or if you know of a good person to contact.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Edited by Rivman (see edit history)

36 minutes ago, telriv said:

I HIGHLY recommend:

Bills Auto Works

216-832-8697

billsautoworks1@aol.com

Tom T.

Randall, I second Tom`s recommendation. I recently utilized Bill`s services and he was great to deal with,

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NC68Riviera said:

I used Dispatch@fedautoshipping.com to transport a Caprice from Atlanta to Fayetteville in 2013. They gave me a good price. 

Thanks Mike, I'm checking on it now so we'll see how it goes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, telriv said:

I HIGHLY recommend:

Bills Auto Works

216-832-8697

billsautoworks1@aol.com

Tom T.

5 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

Randall, I second Tom`s recommendation. I recently utilized Bill`s services and he was great to deal with,

Tom

Thank you Tom & Tom,

I did a google search and he does have GREAT reviews! I checked with Bill, only problem is as highly as he is recommended, he is tied up until after September 1st as of right now.

8 hours ago, Rivman said:

Thank you Tom & Tom, 

I did a google search and he does have GREAT reviews! I checked with Bill, only problem is as highly as he is recommended, he is tied up until after September 1st as of right now.

Just curious...is the car at the top of a mountain only accessible via a twisting turning road complete with half a dozen switchbacks? Lol....if so you might need to call Mooney`s Recovery Service!

Tom

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

Just curious...is the car at the top of a mountain only accessible via a twisting turning road complete with half a dozen switchbacks? Lol....if so you might need to call Mooney`s Recovery Service!

Tom

Na, this one is just in a normal driveway on a normal street. Hopefully it will be an easy pick-up.

No need for “Mooney`s Recovery Service” this trip, but thanks anyway,

• Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:25 PM, NC68Riviera said:

Whom did you finally get to transport the car? Looking forward to seeing it. 

I used McNutt Transport, Brian D, a BCA member and past BCA President from here in NC gave me their name on the Buick forum, they gave me a good price, probably less than I could have done it myself, and actually very good service.

I’m not sure what I’m going to do with it next, but it is here.

1070041422_IMG_4172(2).thumb.JPG.48c209d35921cdd8ce78e794d3bbe783.JPG

I had not seen the car for over 10 years so didn’t know its current condition, I was just told I needed to get it moved, so that was the reason for the quick transport request.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

Randal,

So you bought the car 10 years ago and recently had it moved? Maybe I`m confused?!

Tom

Tom, Long story short, the car was recently given to me, and the last time I had seen it was at the 2007 ROA meet in Asheville, NC.

DSC00024.thumb.JPG.dc549e3f06f67f00fa2e53f75381a77f.JPG

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:52 AM, 1965rivgs said:

Unusual to see a tri-tone `70! If that is the original color scheme..

Tom

I'm not sure how "unusual" it is, but it seems to not be correct from what is was built with, so, it might not have been "tri-tone" before changes were made to it?

The body tag …

2067955719_IMG_4206(2).thumb.JPG.4547569049a60b935f2a7dd21b15b419.JPG

Shows ...

Trim … 684 … Sandalwood … Vinyl Notchback Bench (optional) … But it has cloth bench seats

Paint … 61F … Sandpiper Beige … it does not look "beige" to me, but, what is left of the vinyl top is dark brown

Built … 10B … second week of October 1969

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RIVNIK said:

Great gift!     Hey Rivman, can you give us a ballpark on what a trip like that costs?  

I checked with a couple different companies and got prices between $750 and $800, then called McNutt, they told me $550, it was right at 650 miles.

I kind of wondered if they were on the up and up, partly because of the price and partly because of how quick they said they could get it moved, but they came through on both accounts. I've had a couple other cars transported in the last few years and it was probably the easiest one I've done so far.

The others were most difficult because of trying to deal with people I didn't feel I could trust, then I got the car moved by someone else anyway. This just took one call/contact, he gave me a price, and stayed in touch with me until it was completed. I would definitely recommend McNutt, at least from the dealings I had with them for this move.

Of course I hope to NOT need that kind of service again … EVER!

• Like 2