Settle a friendly debate

Pilgrim65

While visiting the first Istanbul classic Car show with club friends , I saw beutiful all original 1930 V16 Cadillac , one of only eight still around so lm informed . Not an expert but told its concours , certainly looks amazing

my colleagues and I  have differing views on value as I seen a couple other examples a few years back when market was better based my guess on that , but my friends say I’m to high so an informed ballpark figure would be appreciated 

cheers

pilgrim 

C2D61F59-CB42-4C8E-8F8C-6F18D5400836.jpeg

8D2577DF-7378-4A90-9401-8F8A63B3DA8C.jpeg

F962B259-1872-4951-A09F-84ED34FBDFE5.jpeg

Edited by Pilgrim65 (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Depending on condition,  that car will sell for anywhere from 175k to 275k.    We need Matt or Tom to pipe in with real numbers but I think I'm close.

Thanks , appreciated , that will do for me as I said 250k ?

, but won’t gloat as their 150 k might not be far off on a bad day 

10 hours ago, alsancle said:

Assuming it is a presentable car 150k feels too low for a running driving V16 with a semi-attractive body.

For comparison, check this out:

http://www.tomlaferriere.com/listings/1930-cadillac-452-v-16-imperial-sedan

Tom is usually not too far off on prices.

Thanks for that , I feel my guess wasn’t to bad because the body shape and trim to my taste on the car here looks better and to me make it appear worth more.

The thing with the 30-31 V16 is the green house is high by 2 or 3 inches.  If that top had been lower from the factory you would see prices that at 50% more at least.   The Madam-X with the non-V windshield is better looking and tend to bring more money.