1949 Straight 8

HI folks,  I located a 1949 New Yorker with a Straight 8. Manifolds looks good. It seems all there. Starter, carb, etc. Still assembled in the car sitting in a field for decades. Wondering if there is much interest in these engine parts. I am thinking of buying it.

Maybe part it out. Any comments appreciated. I would have it towed to my home and I'd part it out.

Well I did my research. Got a quote to tow it to my house. I called the seller and offered the best price I was willing to pay. He declined. I walked. 

Would have been fun to tear down. Oh well maybe the next one that comes along. 

Edited by keithb7 (see edit history)

I don’t consider myself a low baller. I’m an educated realist. A car with smashed windows in a field rotting for 47 years?  Someone paying a tow truck to remove it could be considered a gift. 

6 hours ago, keithb7 said:

I don’t consider myself a low baller. I’m an educated realist. A car with smashed windows in a field rotting for 47 years?  Someone paying a tow truck to remove it could be considered a gift. 

You are taking my comment wrong. I should have worded it better. Sorry on that .

I would bet your offer was more than fair for the market of a 49 -50 Chrysler NewYorker parts car in very rough shape which is very limited... condition probably a #6 or worse..

I am a low baller  and have been for many years on cars and parts that I feel won't sell soon because of low demand or the items are just not worth much....Nice stuff I will and do pay full bore.

I don't ever want  to tick off the seller either.

He might end up calling you back.. sit back and wait... keep an eye on the car and more than likely if the seller thinks it finally needs to go and he has your # he will call you. I've had this happen so many times over the years.

You might be done and over with it by now.........anyway

Good luck on it.?