trunk restoration needed

I was lucky enough to have a luggage rack with the original trunk on the back, however when I got the car the trunk has a little damage to the back lower corner. the trunk I believe is metal and has some chrome pieces "one of which needs to be straightened". 

can anyone recommend a place in Southern California that can repair the damaged corner? 

00808_c6vpcVK7l70_600x450.jpg

20171216_164130.jpg

IMG_20171231_192607_005.jpg

This seems like a pretty easy repair to make.  I have an almost exact duplicate of your trunk.  I'd remove the trim and work out the dent with a dolly and hammer.  You have access to the rear of the panel, so the work should be pretty basic.  I know my trunk had a wooden floor, and if your trunk is the same, you can remove the floor to gain even more access.  Some careful work on the metal trim from the back should straighten it out without too much trouble.  It's a bit of a tedious job, but about as basic a repair that you can do in your garage.  When it's done, you can polish the trim and paint the trunk and you're all set.  If you want to job it out, you may have a bit of a problem finding a shop that will take on a small job like this.  Still, I think you'd have better luck in Southern California than in my neck of the woods- central Illinois.

This is my trunk.  looks like my trim is a bit wider and the locks are in a different position, but it's the same general setup.  I still have to get rid of the pin striping.

IMG_3118.thumb.JPG.05a6b73a1757a5a470b945adb572db9c.JPG

• Like 1

Very cool trunk, I agree the pinstripes make it a bit loud for my taste, more elegant with no red stripes. but then again that depends on the rest of the car. 

I would do this myself, but would much rather pay the money to have the trunk repaired, trim repaired, and repainted. 

Not sure what part of SoCal your in, It has been my general understanding that here where I live in Huntington Beach, there are the most restoration shops of any city in SoCAl.

Chip Foos (Foos Design), Mike Brewer (Wheeler Dealer),  and many many many more very popular shops are all in one section of town, between Ellis St, up to Slater all the way over to Beach Blvd....must be hundreds of restoration shops.

They are all pretty good and reputable, if you want to DM me, I could pass along to you the shops I use when I find a situation I am not comfortable doing my self. acutler11 at att dot net.

My trunk that I messaged you about is wooden, so my suggestion doesn't apply.

For awhile I was looking for a trunk that the front (actually rear) would fold down into a table.

They are out there but I found an old junker from Chrysler that works for me.