RIVIEW JULY/AUGUST ISSUE

jframe

Just got my issue in the mail at lunch. Winston, that Seafoam Green 65 of yours is STUNNING in your article. Great write up as well, and a cool story about your Dad's old car and this one as well. You know I am a sucker for family stories on these cars, lol. Anyway, just wanted to say great job on the article and pics. I know you enjoy that beauty and the attention it receives as much as I do with mine.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jframe said:

Just got my issue in the mail at lunch. Winston, that Seafoam Green 65 of yours is STUNNING in your article. Great write up as well, and a cool story about your Dad's old car and this one as well. You know I am a sucker for family stories on these cars, lol. Anyway, just wanted to say great job on the article and pics. I know you enjoy that beauty and the attention it receives as much as I do with mine.

Agree - Beautiful showcase Winston! Thanks for submitting

29 minutes ago, Schmiddy said:

Still waiting for my issue... it always take a bit longer to my country and I'm looking forward to read that article Winston! ?

Eric, your speaker article is very informative also. Thanks for submitting it!

• Thanks 1

I don't think it was mentioned in Eric's article and I didn't inspect the pictures closely, but you don't want put modern 4 ohm speakers at the end of your OE 10 ohm radio.  It doesn't take long to blow out the head unit (radio) with 4 ohm speakers.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/27/2018 at 4:24 PM, NC68Riviera said:

Eric, your speaker article is very informative also. Thanks for submitting it!

Thank you very much Mike, I very appreciate!  ?

On 6/27/2018 at 4:30 PM, jframe said:

I've decided Eric can fabricate just about anything, lol. He has way more patience than me.

Wow thank you Mark, I think you put a little too much in my competences ?... But thank you very much, I'm still learning a lot while working on my beloved 65!  ??

12 hours ago, RivNut said:

I don't think it was mentioned in Eric's article and I didn't inspect the pictures closely, but you don't want put modern 4 ohm speakers at the end of your OE 10 ohm radio.  It doesn't take long to blow out the head unit (radio) with 4 ohm speakers.  

Good eye Ed ...and you're absolutely right with that!
The built in of the speakers is the first part of the issue... In the second part I will show what I did with the head unit! ? (My old radio doesn't work anymore but I kept it in place for the original look -  and it still has light in it ☺️?). You must know, here in Switzerland the "normal" FM Radio frequences will be replaced soon with DAB/DAB+ (Digital Audio Broadcasting), why I needed to have an other head unit anyway! So together with the speakers I bought a new one I hid it in the glove compartment).
If you want to know more now, check my pics on Flickr, there will be some I will use for the second part in the Riview:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142025655@N08/albums/72157674757389246

Enjoy!

Edited by Schmiddy
add link (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Concur with all of the above - great issue!  I also appreciated Ray's call for member input for future issues.  It seems that process may be easier than I would have otherwise thought....  Lastly, though 'not my cup of tea', the article on the custom '72 and associated photos was well done and interesting.  Clearly, Todd loves his Riviera and I appreciate the execution of his dream-car vision.  Well done!  ;)

• Like 3

I had something lime that for sale at the meet but no one seemed interested. 

I took the faceplate off of an older Motorola 8 track player and mounted it to the chassis into which you slide new aftermarket radios.  The 8 track face plate lifts off exposing the new radio beneath it. The new radio also requires a removable face plate for clearance.  Any one interested?  I'll give it to you for the cost of S&H.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:49 AM, EmTee said:

Concur with all of the above - great issue!  I also appreciated Ray's call for member input for future issues.  It seems that process may be easier than I would have otherwise thought....  Lastly, though 'not my cup of tea', the article on the custom '72 and associated photos was well done and interesting.  Clearly, Todd loves his Riviera and I appreciate the execution of his dream-car vision.  Well done!  ;)

Yes, another good one for sure!

It is mostly possible because of the membership participation, and Ray's editing of course.

I know Ray appreciates the members showcase articles, along with everyone else that gets to enjoy other members Riviera stories, and assorted other inputs help too. That way there is a never ending amount of Riviera information that can be published on a regular basis.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2018 at 5:17 PM, RivNut said:

Schmiddy,

This is a picture of a 1st generation Riviera that I took in Galena, IL when we had the meet there.  Might be something to consider so you could still maintain a glove box.

image.png.d062d302748bf1fb50280514cf803636.png

A genius way to hide your Radio, while keeping the whole place in your glovebox. If I had heard from that earlyer!!! ??

16 hours ago, Rivman said:

I know Ray appreciates the members showcase articles, along with everyone else that gets to enjoy other members Riviera stories, and assorted other inputs help too. That way there is a never ending amount of Riviera information that can be published on a regular basis.

This is how I met Ray 2 years ago - such a great person! Somehow he heard about that I restore my 65 (with no knowledge about restoring cars! ??) and he wanted me to wright about it. I felt very honored about this request and since then, all two month, I get a memo from him to wright something for the next issue... My chance to give back what I got from this very, very cool ROA forum! I'm always so happy and thankful for all the great inputs I could learn from.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Schmiddy said:

My chance to give back what I got from this very, very cool ROA forum! I'm always so happy and thankful for all the great inputs I could learn from.

And I'm also very thankful for all my new Riviera-Friends I got since I own an restore this car... (That Riv is my first US-Classic car and will keep it as long as I live, then it will go over to my sons! ?)

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.  I just got back from Kansas and I  had a swell time.

It was great to see Ed and Gordon again, and it was a real honor and a pleasure  to meet Ray Knott. Thanks to Ed

and Gordon for finding us such a nice Hotel to stay in......I didn't want to leave! I explored downtown Kansas City

on Friday and was very impressed  with the place, and Overland Park is a very nice place, very beautiful. Oops.......almost

forgot that  I spent some very enjoyable time conversing with Red Riviera Bob........a real gentleman!

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Great article on your car Winston. I was able to see it at Overland at Overland Park. The car looks even better than the pictures. Met alot of great people. Saw alot of great cars.

Kevin

On 6/29/2018 at 10:17 AM, RivNut said:

Schmiddy,

This is a picture of a 1st generation Riviera that I took in Galena, IL when we had the meet there.  Might be something to consider so you could still maintain a glove box.

image.png.d062d302748bf1fb50280514cf803636.png

This was a very, very nice `65 custom...probably one of the nicest I have seen and there are alot of custom Rivs out there! I`ve had the priveledge of seeing hundreds of Rivieras at the annual meets I have attended since the `80`s and this is one I remember still. This radio placement was an excellent example of how well the whole car was done.

Tom

Edited by 1965rivgs (see edit history)
  • Like 2