64 Surprise Part 2

gungeey

So, got this 64 car, driver quality, paint good enough but all the bolts turn in their holes if I need them to. nice dry car.

somebody put a stalth set of speakers in the kickpanel vent doors and a cd player in a buick tissue dispenser...see way down the bottom of this, if interested:

So, the battery lost it's charge, got it back up overnight and after testing determined the alternator is junk. The AC Drier makes it a little tough so the fan and shroud had to come off and drain coolant so to remove the upper hose...how quickly I forget!!...

So now I have a greasy old engine staring at me I give it a couple wipes and tale a look up at the engine code...I'm a little confused as it's a 465 snorkel but the carter carb is a 3921S which is from a 1965, even more important is the 65 kickdown linkage naturally wont match up the 64 dogdick ...

Do a little more wiping and find this...not the original engine but a 65 but check out that "X" on there...

Seen a few  non #'s Gran Sports...finally I have a reason why...

Don't know if anybody finds that interesting besides me, but if there's anybody that would be interested, I figured it would be here

Steve Mully 9236

:

20180624_173339 (1).jpg

20180624_173325 (1).jpg