Sign in to follow this  
autoluke

SPEEDSTER WEB SITE

Ironic that this query has come up. I found myself many times doing the same search.

Therefore, I have created a blog that covers the classic speedster world and am in the final stages of getting it together. It is a niche topic that needs its own site, which is one reason why I am doing it.

I will post an announcement when it is ready and going up. I am shooting for Labor Day. For me, every day is Labor Day... 

=rds

Well appreciate your efforts in constructing the blog.

Will you include custom creations, ie those speedsters which have been built using various components from many donor cars ?

@Autoluke:

I appreciate your query. Right now I'm focusing on defining what a speedster is and its historical arc. There are so many companies that made authentic speedsters, both in the U.S. and abroad, from 1904-on, that it will take some time just to mention all of them and tell their story. Although I will certainly write about the popularity of home-made speedsters, the Model T/Fast Ford phenomenon being one example, I think that your question about custom creations is better addressed in a forum such as this one, where multiple strings can be started by participants, each one a separate topic and potentially a car to marvel at.

I'm very close to getting the speedster journal online. It will be found at www.ClassicSpeedsters.com.

I wish that this forum was more active. AACA should be a gathering point for all of us who are speedster fans, no matter what company flag we fly.