Dual master cylinder

zephyrdave

They all seemed to loose braking at some time or another, don’t have a clue why. Those dual systems were usually mounted high on the firewall, but I also know many people use the dual on the frame.. I believe they were needed in the days of steel lines that were prone to develop rust then leaked  If you lost a line in the rear, these would allow one to stop with the front. Your choice, I’ll stay with the original and stainless brake lines.

Tom

Master cylinders mounted on fire wall usually require hanging pedals.  My 38 doesn’t have hanging pedals so the m/c would be mounted somewhere under the driver (if a stock 38 had hydraulic brakes).  If you add a booster to the mix it tends to get a little crowded as most boosters are too big in diameter to fit between the floor pan and  hanging to low.  There is a pancake style that will fit.

It is of course personal choice, but I prefer the copper/zinc type of brake line used on many modern high end cars.  Easy to bend and the double flare ends are SO MUCH easier to make.