Sign in to follow this  
Rivman

ROA International Meet – Gettysburg PA, June 25-28, 2019

I just heard the Jul/Aug Riview is out, and next year’s meet announcement is included as usual, that means the word is out, SO, I thought I would get this posted early for those that want to get a head start on planning.

We are moving even further east for next year’s meet. Our host hotel is the Wyndham Gettysburg. The dates are June 25 - 28 (Tuesday through Friday).

2120708014_1-TOPOST-Pg35Gettysburg2019.3(2).thumb.jpg.1f7daf39f1722a9a2bb1548460e20306.jpg

Mike’s, NC68Riviera, Aqua Zephyr must have found favor, it is pictured on next year’s LOGO!

Some details have been posted to the website, as follows ...

2019 ROA International Meet
Gettysburg, PA

June 25-28, 2019
Tuesday—Friday

874980412_Photograph1029.thumb.jpg.59d8c0e1bca0545f04e4be811252898f.jpg

Photo of historic reenactment courtesy of Destination Gettysburg

Gettysburg and the surrounding fields were the site of the largest battle of the American Civil War. Although fought for only three days from July 1-3, 1863, it was known as the turning point of the war. Over 160,000 soldiers from the Union and Confederate armies met in combat with over 50,000 casualties. Total deaths exceeded 8.000 soldiers and approximately 3,000 horses. It is also the site where President Abraham Lincoln attended a ceremony on November 19th of that year to officially consecrate the grounds and delivered his Gettysburg Address.

There is so much to do and see in the town and surrounding area that with every registration confirmation I will email a long list of attractions, so you can plan your visit. You can tour the miles of historic battle fields by car, bike, horse, Segway or guided tour buses. We will announce tours in the next issue along with a registration form. Besides the battle fields there is the historic downtown with its many museums, shops and restaurants. One popular stop is the historic home of our 34th President Dwight D.  Eisenhower.

For Gettysburg we were able to schedule the meet starting on Tuesday with our car show and banquet on Friday.  We are also fortunate to be able to block rooms at our group rate for two days before and after so that you can arrive early or extent your visit into the following weekend. Since the July 4th celebration is the following week it is best to make your reservations early.

Wyndham Gettysburg

The host hotel is the Wyndham Gettysburg located at 95 Presidential Circle and our group rate is $119, single or double occupancy. This is an excellent price considering the quality and location of the hotel at the height of the season. Reservations can be made by calling 717-339-0020, pressing “3” and asking for “Riviera 2019”. For online reservations   https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/groups/hr/riviera-owners-association. If you want to extend your visit beyond the 25th—29th meet dates you must call to do so.

Registration forms will be posted soon.

Mark your calendar and make plans to join us at what should be a VERY large event.

Edited by Rivman
Info Update (see edit history)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Randall, thanks for the shout out for The Aqua Zephyr! 

We are extremely humbled to have our Riviera featured on next year's meet artwork. We definitely will be at the meet, God willing! 

This is the original picture the artwork graphic is based on. You will note that Ray changed the front bumper vanity plate to the ROA plate! Nice touch Mr. Knott! 

IMG_4707.thumb.JPG.426fb95314f74185278110a15b09f39f.JPG

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 2

That will be the third time to that very hotel for an antique auto event.  The staff is excellent...the facility is perfect for car functions!  Thank you to the Meet Committee for such a great choice!  See you in Gettysburg!

DSC01493_edited.JPG

Edited by chas1963 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Even though this is pinned I thought I would bump it to the top to hopefully let everyone know there is more info added.

I have added it here, and it has already been posted on the ROA website. I was told the registration form is almost ready, so it should be available soon too. 

17 hours ago, Rivman said:

Even though this is pinned I thought I would bump it to the top to hopefully let everyone know there is more info added.

I have added it here, and it has already been posted on the ROA website. I was told the registration form is almost ready, so it should be available soon too. 

Can we call the hotel directly to make room reservations or are room reservations done with the meet registration form?

Mike,

Call hotel directly per above or you can do it online with link provided

Wyndham Gettysburg

The host hotel is the Wyndham Gettysburg located at 95 Presidential Circle and our group rate is $119, single or double occupancy. This is an excellent price considering the quality and location of the hotel at the height of the season. Reservations can be made by calling 717-339-0020, pressing “3” and asking for “Riviera 2019”. For online reservations   https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/groups/hr/riviera-owners-association. If you want to extend your visit beyond the 25th—29th meet dates you must call to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NC68Riviera said:

Can we call the hotel directly to make room reservations or are room reservations done with the meet registration form?

Just to be clear...There are two separate processes that you will need to perform:

1. Hotel reservations are booked by you via either the hotel's web site online or by calling the hotel directly.

2. A 2019 ROA Meet Registration Form is prepared by you and submitted to the ROA office.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DShip said:

Just to be clear...There are two separate processes that you will need to perform:

1. Hotel reservations are booked by you via either the hotel's web site online or by calling the hotel directly.

2. A 2019 ROA Meet Registration Form is prepared by you and submitted to the ROA office.  

Thanks for the clarification Dave.

• Like 1

I received my 'Riview' yesterday and I was a little disappointed to see that the 2019 ROA meet registration form was not attached to it yet. :-(

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, NC68Riviera said:

I received my 'Riview' yesterday and I was a little disappointed to see that the 2019 ROA meet registration form was not attached to it yet. :-(

It should be ready soon, just not ready to get it printed and into the current issue. I'm sure it will be on the website first, then it will be printed in the Nov/Dec issue.

It takes some time to work out all the details and then get them onto the registration form.

Not to worry, it will be available soon.

Edited by Rivman (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The registration form also includes signups for one or more tours.  Those take time to organize and get all of the registration details worked out.  There is no limit to the number of attendees so getting registered right away shouldn't be a concern.  It does help Ray know about how many cars and guests to expect though.  Usually the cutoff date for registrations is around the end of April or May.  Hotel registration is something you might want to consider whenever you can.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jim Milewski said:

All ready have our hotel reservations and am looking forward to the show - being a newbie at a ROA show, if cars are not judged on a 400 point system, how are they judged?

The ROA uses peer judging at the show.

Each registered member/guest, the adults anyway, are given a ballot, and they vote for the Riviera they like best in each of the classes.

• Like 1