1938 DeSoto Cpe $9,500 C/L DesMoines

Neat car.  Hopefully those mouse droppings are limited to the top side of the upholstery as it does looked quite nice.  The chrome looks good as well.  The problem with a motor that turns is it could still need 2000-5000 or more to make it run reliably.  Mine turned well.  Probably because the rings were shot as was everything else so it was nice and loose. 

I did all the labor on it and still had almost 2000 in the engine in parts and pieces.

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

I've learned to analyze photos really well,  even at a quick glance.  Saves alot of miles on the truck and wasted days,  looking at poorly represented stuff.  Interior chrome on a car tells you whether it was a pretty dry car inside or in damp storage or leaky seals leading to floor rust. 

Even on restored cars,  many people don't do all the interior chrome.  Vent windows also tell you how good a car was originally.  If they are all pitted,  then the car probably wasn't that good to start with.  I look for overspray on stuff when it's touted as original paint.  Door jambs are usually a good place or on the firewall.  You can tell alot from a few photos if you look closely. 

• Like 1

You can be sure that those mice didn't just walk across that seat.

I will lay odds that they live in the seat and the car smells of piss.

Parked twenty years isn't always a good thing.

• Like 1

Definitely uncommon.  There is a sedan for sale around here,  that doesn't look as nice for not much less.  Too bad it wasn't a 36 or earlier though.  Desoto had some really beautiful cars then.  They were getting a bid odd on the styling by 1938,  as many of the manufactures were.  Good thing the manufactures starting getting the styling back a little more in 39. 

• 4 weeks later...