Doug Novak

EASTERN DIVISION NAT'L SPRING MEET JULY 11-14

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:32 PM, lovesolderplymouths said:

I agree, great show.  This complex has become popular with many car club events and is a great venue.  The cars were indeed at a high level of quality.  One question though, when did it become acceptable for AACA Meet dash plaques to be cheap refrigerator magnets?  Is this to be the new norm?

I think it started in Stowe back in 2011....

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, Steve29 said:

What a great meet! I never cease to marvel at the amount of organization and work it takes to put on one of these events. Among many things that were well-done I was pleased and impressed when on this wickedly hot day volunteers were going around giving out bottles of ice-cold water in the afternoon. This is also a great venue for the meet. Congratulations Chesapeake region I really enjoyed it.

The same core group that hosted this meet is also heavily involved with the Early Ford V8 Club of America.  It's the third event that group has hosted at that venue since 2014.  Granted some might not like the dash plaque, but the fact remains that the region did other things that benefitted more people that I haven't seen anyone else in AACA do (the lanyards with the schedules printed on them, the buttons, etc.).  In most cases the only ones that get the dash plaques are the ones who show cars, the rest of the judges, national directors, etc. don't get anything.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:43 AM, Steve Moskowitz said:

This region worked extremely hard to put this meet on and used their budget in many ways that benefitted the participants including signage, a hospitality room that never ran out of food, great tours and other amenities. They had more food service available than at any meet I can recall recently so overall I would give them high marks for a great event. 

Not since Canandaigua in 2010.