1979 Buick LeSabre 2 door Milwaukee WI USA

jschmit97

I have a 1979 Buick Lesabre 2 door Landau Limited for sale for $4500, which is negotiable. 

I am the third generation owner. It has been in the family since the early 80s. Stored in the winters since the family owned the car. Just had it repainted last year to as close to the original factory color (burnished saddle from the 1970 Buick GS line as). I was restoring this car as a gift back to my father but he suddenly passed; my loss is your gain.

Body condition: New paint job, not a bondo baby, I had all rust removed. It has the original landau cover it came with and is in excellent shape. It also has all the original chrome and has it's typical wear/tear for a almost 40 year old car. Spent more money on the paint/body than what it's worth. Rocker panels show no signs of rust, no rust on the floor pans or trunk. Any signs of rust have been remediated. 

The vehicle currently has a little over 30k miles on the odometer. However, it's not the original odometer as the original one malfunctioned in the late 80s. Total mileage unknown, however, it's only driven in the summer. I have had the car for 3 years and put on about 500 miles (spent 1.5 years in paint/body work).

Engine: This has been modified from the original V6 it came with. The original motor blew in the late 80s. It was replaced with a big block buick 455. The engine has been bored .060 over with 13.5 compression ratio. It has a 1970 intake manifold on it, Kenne Bell headers and cast iron stage 1 spec heads on it (I won't pull the valve covers off to verify if it's a true stage 1 to date code). I suspect it is a 1974 block, but I'm still trying to date code it. It has at most 5000 miles on the engine since it's rebuild. It also has 3.42 gear ratio to handle the horsepower in the 12 bolt posi rear end. Transmission is a three speed automatic Turbo 400. I also have many original/spare parts to go with it (example: car cover, 4:11 gears, trim pieces, original radio; to name a few).

Since taking ownership I have installed new brakes all around (disc in front, drum in back), installed new gas and brake lines and fixed the rear main seal and of course, a new paint job.

Accident history: This car has hit 2 deer in its lifetime. Once in the late 80s and the other in the early 90s. That is why you will see the 1978 light bezel covers on the blinkers in the front of the car. Both times the car has had a new front clip installed. 

What it needs: The header panel of the interior needs to be replaced. Speedometer is off since changing it from 4.11 gears to 3.42 gears. Appears to be set for km/hour vs mph. I use a GPS to determine my speed.

The price is $4500 for this work of 1970s art and is negotiable.  Please send an email for more pictures.  

Also of note, I am in the Milwaukee Wisconsin area and will not pay for shipping. 

20180617_150038.jpg

• 4 months later...