Ronnie

Buick Reatta Owners (And Enthusiasts!) Facebook Group

For those who might not know, there is an active group of Reatta owners and enthusiasts on Facebook. There are over 750 members in the group and their numbers are growing.  It appears to be a fun group of people who enjoy talking about their Reattas.  The page administrator is Marck Barker (NCReatta here on the forum). Marck has done a great job of bringing Reatta owners and enthusiast together.  I recommend everyone check out the Facebook page.

This forum use to be where anyone interested in a Reatta posted.  Reatta Division officers frequently posted here. But now the Director, Assistant Director, Newsletter Editor and probably other officers of the Reatta Division (and most everyone else)  have moved on to Facebook.  As the number of people visiting this forum dwindles I thought it was appropriate to let everyone know that there is still a thriving community of Reatta owners out there.   You just need to be a member of Facebook and join the group to be part of it.   Here is a link to their page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BuickReattaOwners/  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

Well I guess I will turn out the lights when everyone is gone...

Let me know and we will have a little ceremony.

3 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

Well I guess I will turn out the lights when everyone is gone...

50 minutes ago, 2seater said:

Let me know and we will have a little ceremony.

I guess we will all go down with the ship together. I tried to join the Facebook group months ago and got rejected. 😮

• Confused 1

They accepted me, not sure why they rejected you. Maybe they mistook your Reatta for a Porsche? :)

Just in case you don't realize it, there are alot of people like myself who still  value our personal freedom (you know, like Americans used too) and refuse to let the leftist morons of Facebook comb through and influence our entire lives?   Didn't anyone watch the hearings last month? 

• Like 1

Just my opinion but i,m on both. Check both out on a regular basis, trying to get as much info on whats happening with Reatta's and also Buick/BCA info for all my cars! Both great places! Just saying though☺️

I didn't mean to imply that anyone should leave this forum. For the last six months, since I took on the moderator job, I've done everything I could think of to generate interest in this forum but nothing seems to work.  I really thought I would be able to get this forum going again but I failed. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the best people person on the forum. If someone can do a better job I will gladly step aside as the Reatta forum moderator and give someone else a shot...

The members of the Facebook group make lots of posts about their Reattas and how much fun they have with them.  I tried that here. I posted lots of photos and wrote stories about driving and having fun with my Reatta. I quickly found there was little interest in that sort of thing. To be honest I don't know what members of this forum are interested in.

I thought it was only fair to let forum members know that there is an alternative to coming here repeatedly and finding nothing new.  If anyone finds fault with me for doing that then so be it.

Again just my opinion.   First Ronnie please don't beat yourself up, I don't see any problems with what you are doing many of the ideas are also tried on the general BCA side and have different levels of success, some better, some not as good. That being said I think that it might just be a technology/social issue, as an example my wife can run circles around me on Facebook and my children are in another ballpark than myself (i am 59 proudly) but when i talk to her about the forum she doesn't know anything about it, and is learning as i tell her. Facebook is very easy on mobile devices. and i have a feeling that the Reatta crowd in general might be on the younger side, just an assumption from things i have read, please correct me if i am wrong so hence possibly the leaning to Facebook. again i think you are doing a great job, please keep up the good work. i find the forum is a better place for the technical stuff, which is always very helpful on our high tech collector cars.

Reatta on

• Like 2

I have been a member there for quite a while.  There seem to be a lot of confused owners who are ready to give up as they do not have access to good advice.  Some of the members also give poor of incorrect advice too.

I just posted there with an invitation to join this forum.

I feel this forum along with the Reatta Owner's Journal are the best place on the net for good advice and help.

Kudos to each of you helpful sisters and brothers👼

• Like 1

This forum has been one of the best sources of information on the Reatta that I've ever seen. I'm in another Buick forum for my Lesabre and the Reatta page on there gets a post every few months if your lucky. I recently joined that Facebook group to see what they have to offer. I honestly feel with the information I've learned from here and the many How To type posts I wouldn't have too much trouble with buying and maintaining a Reatta. I doubt I would have gained the knowledge I did from a group on Facebook. I don't think many newer people would look for something like this right away. It may be easier to find that group for some, and those that are into it may make their way over here.

• Like 1

I think your doing a great Job Ronnie! This little part of the overall site gets much better  than average posts. I appreciate your trying to emphasis driving and having fun with our cars. Of course, the tech stuff is the min draw. Just keep doing what your doing, we appreciate this site and your efforts!

I always thought we could have some "Off Topic" threads but did not want to cause any waves. The Corvette forum I belong too has a very active Off Topic posts.

Edited by Cargirl (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I am almost in the same boat Ronnie. I have had a Facebook account for years, but ignore it for the most part. Several weeks ago I decided to look at my settings due to all the blowup around the misuse of Facebook accounts. It wouldn't let me in and any recovery of login info wanted to be sent to an email i haven't had for years. Frankly, I just gave up. Without seeing the group conversation as mentioned, I can't really comment on it, but I have felt for a long time that if people only see the world through a single filter such as Facebook, or others, it is not a healthy situation. As for Facebook itself, JMO that it is/was a very useful tool that has outgrown it's own ability to control. While I am not a Luddite, I simply refuse to participate.

I created a Facebook account to join the Reatta group. I deleted my account when I wasn't allowed to join the group and it came out that Facebook was handing out personal information to the highest bidder. I use my wife's Facebook account to read what the group posts regularly and I enjoy it but I can't post. I agree that technical information on Facebook is sketchy at times but they do have fun discussing their Reattas. It's great to have accurate technical help available when you need it. That is what I love about this forum and why I built ReattaOwner.com. But if you can't have fun driving and talking about your Reatta what is the point of owning it?

Ronnie, Do not give up. I have wanted to tell the story on my Reatta but have not been able to due to work and things. This Forum and the ROJ are my first places to look of any thing related to the Reatta. My car would not be on the road without this forum and the ROJ. I have seen the Facebook Page and its good for some goings on stuff.  I and others here are always here to help another Reatta Owner when we can.  

On 6/19/2018 at 8:44 AM, jglawnyc said:

Just in case you don't realize it, there are alot of people like myself who still  value our personal freedom (you know, like Americans used too) and refuse to let the leftist morons of Facebook comb through and influence our entire lives?   Didn't anyone watch the hearings last month? 

I agree.  But you can still join FB with only divulging the information you want known.

I log on to FB 2 or 3x/week. Mostly to keep up with what nieces & nephews are doing.  Those darn youngsters only know how to communicate electronically. I don't think any one them know how to dial out and use the ear & mouth pieces on their phones.

• Haha 1

On 6/19/2018 at 12:07 PM, MRJBUICK said:

Just my opinion but i,m on both. Check both out on a regular basis, trying to get as much info on whats happening with Reatta's and also Buick/BCA info for all my cars! Both great places! Just saying though☺️

I agree, I belong to both on the theory that you can never have to much information or hobby friends. Just my opinion.

Murray

• Like 1

Without this Forum...

There would be many, many more REATTAS in the Junk Yards... Because people would not know how to fix them.

Thank you Ronnie!!!

• Like 1

You are exactly right Ronnie, I personally have benefited from posts that You, Barney,  and  Daves89 have made as you try to help out people whose Reatta is under water. I hope my post relating to never having too much information didn't offend. In my opinion you're the glue that keeps it all together.

Thanks, Murray

3 hours ago, stall said:

I hope my post relating to never having too much information didn't offend. In my opinion you're the glue that keeps it all together.

No offense taken. I agree with you.  I'm just one of many people who do what we can to keep the forum rolling along.  Thanks for noticing.

Great job Ronnie.

This forum is the best for all the wisdom, facts, tricks, and forgotten knowledge that is found nowhere else.

I have resisted becoming a Facebook member and as a result I believe I have more spare time.

• Like 2