kevin1221

Recommendation for transport

Hi AACA members

I recently needed a car transported from Florida to Nevada. After long waits from two of the big national carriers, and still no confirmed pick up dates, I contacted Truly Vintage on this forum. Due to good luck on scheduling, he was able to pick my car up on Monday and he had it delivered to me on Sunday. Jim was very professional and was easy to contact. We kept in touch along the way. My car arrived in perfect condition. 

If anyone needs a vehicle transported, I suggest you call Truly Vintage (Jim). His number is 260-804-6695. Jim is an active member on the AACA forum.

Again, thanks for your prompt attention to my transportation needs. I’ll definately call you if I need another vehicle transported in the future. It was a pleasure working with you.

Kevin

Edited by kevin1221
Spelling (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for trusting me with your Mustang.

It was nice of you to post this on the forum.

Jim

545A9AE0-D71F-4A2E-B417-89EE33F4DC02.jpeg

Its fairly well known the big company haulers are very low on drivers, overbooked, and running 110 percent right now. Seems the new electronic logs caused a lot of the old timers to get off the road........its my understanding they lost 15 percent of their windshield time with the new system, thus a 20 percent pay cut for the same work........its gonna take a while for it all to work through. Down here in Florida they are still hauling snow bird cars north!

Well ....

That makes sense ....

I get several calls week for folks wanting a car hauled out of Florida.

I am leaving Carpenteria, California tomorrow morning after I drop off & heading back to Florida empty ....

That is a shame but I don’t have time to wait around for a load out ....

Jim

6135CEB6-E1D4-4358-AAF6-72FE416B2F11.jpeg

6 hours ago, edinmass said:

Its fairly well known the big company haulers are very low on drivers, overbooked, and running 110 percent right now. Seems the new electronic logs caused a lot of the old timers to get off the road........its my understanding they lost 15 percent of their windshield time with the new system, thus a 20 percent pay cut for the same work........its gonna take a while for it all to work through. Down here in Florida they are still hauling snow bird cars north!

I agree with the back log especially out of Florida. I scheduled my pick up on April 2 with a large national carrier. One of the other large carriers didn’t even return my calls for a request to schedule transportation . I finally got to talk to someone at company two, but he said they would not even commit to a pick update.  After booking company one on April 2, I finally cancelled them on June 11, after I contacted Jim (Truly Vintage). When I called to cancel, they apologized, but said they never had any deliveries going west from Florida.

Again, my experience with Truelyvintage was great. 

Kevin