WTB 1949 Buick Roadmaster Convertible

Sir John

I am looking for a 1949 Roadmaster convertible that runs, even if the body and interior are in poor condition.  Also, I need to specify that I want one with sweep-spear side trim; not straight line side trim. My preference is that the car runs, even if it doesn't run well.  However, I might consider one that doesn't even run if it wouldn't take much to get it to do so.

Side trim specification.png

Edited by Sir John
I've added more specific information and photos now in my 'WTB' post. (see edit history)

And I look forward to the challenge of getting the interior, body, paint, chrome, etc. done, but I can’t even get the engine and transmission assessed if it doesn’t run even a little bit. 

• 4 weeks later...

It was reasonably priced, but two factors suggest I should keep looking:  It's a convertible because it was chopped from a hardtop, and the convertible top looks ill-fitting when fixed in the up position, perhaps reflecting an imperfect fit due to that conversion.

• 2 weeks later...

A '49 Roadmaster convertible sold today at a storage unit auction in Bonita Springs, FL. It was stored in 2002 and sold for unpaid storage. It brought $27,000 plus 10% buyers premium. It was a decent car but rust repair on the tail end was evident, typical FL mold on the leather. Only 3 of the 4 tires were flat. 

Henry Feinberg