1941 Dash Set- refinished and ready to show (SOLD)

41Roadmaster

I have a 1941 dash set with new engine-turning listed on eBay with an opening bid of $475 + $40 shipping to the lower 48. More photos listed on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202340324198?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I have other items for 1941 Buick currently listed as well. You're welcome to PM me with questions.

Anderson

fullsizeoutput_bc0.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_bc4.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_bc2.jpeg

IMG_3272.JPG

IMG_3276.JPG

Edited by 41Roadmaster
Sold (see edit history)

1 hour ago, 41Roadmaster said:

a guy in a cowboy hat from Ohio.

That would be Doug Seybold. His engine-turning work is pretty darned good. He did the panels for my '41 Century and they look better than new. I think the factory finish had a bit of color in the clear, a kind of greenish-gold tint, but it's hard to be sure. It might just be age. Doug did mine clear and they look like jewelry.

11 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

That would be Doug Seybold. His engine-turning work is pretty darned good. He did the panels for my '41 Century and they look better than new. I think the factory finish had a bit of color in the clear, a kind of greenish-gold tint, but it's hard to be sure. It might just be age. Doug did mine clear and they look like jewelry.

Ha, of course it was Doug, I was just being cheeky ; ) 

According to Lewis Jenkins, and supported by the 1941 Buick Engineering Information book (attached), the dash panels were tinted one of two colors. This was to match either the tan or grey upholstery.

1941 Engineering Information Cover.jpg

1941 Engineering Information (exerpt).jpg

• Like 2

I just have to muddle things up here, but I intend no offense to the OP.

The engine tuning is beautiful, but was not used on Canadian built cars, usually known as McLaughlin Buicks. This was a throw back to some of the 20's cars, which used a solid walnut dashboard, instead of a metal one. Unfortunately, little documentation has survived on the Canadian made models.

Keith

24 minutes ago, Buicknutty said:

I just have to muddle things up here, but I intend no offense to the OP.

The engine tuning is beautiful, but was not used on Canadian built cars, usually known as McLaughlin Buicks. This was a throw back to some of the 20's cars, which used a solid walnut dashboard, instead of a metal one. Unfortunately, little documentation has survived on the Canadian made models.

Keith

Thanks Keith, do you have a photo of the Canadian dash you could share? Interesting!

A