ROA forum get together at the 2018 ROA meet

RivNut

Gord Wolfgang and I are planning an informal gathering at his house for some BBQ on Wednesday evening during the dinner hour.  He lives about 5 miles from the hotel and it's an easy drive to his house.  What we'd like to know in advance is the number of you who might join us so we can plan on how much food to buy.  So if you think that you can join us, please reply to this post and let us know how many will be in your party.  If you don't have a car with you, there will be others with whom you can ride.  We're not going to plan this down to the last detail so during the days on Tuesday and Wednesday you'll see us out amongst the cars and in the hospitality room. Well get details to you when you see us.  IF, and it's a possibility, that we have more than 25 or so reply that they'll be there, we'll arrange to go to a park with a shelter rather than going to Gord's house.

I'll start the count by saying that I'll be there along with my wife Linda, and of course Gord and Susan will be there because it's at his house.  That's  four to begin with. So, as you reply "count off." 

Hope to see you there so we can start putting names with faces.  This will not be limited to AACA forum contributors and readers.  As the meet progresses and word gets out, we'll be glad to see as many as possible. We'll be finished eating in time to get back to the hospitality room for the events of the evening.  If this gets really big, we may ask for $$ donations to help offset the cost of the food.  Any questions?  Ask here or send a PM to Gord or myself.

Ed

PS - If you need it, Gord's "handle" is MSDMINC

Edited by RivNut
Added PS (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Galen and Donna Shield and Joe and Sue Leonard from central Kansas will be joining us as will Tim Nugent and Pat Monday from Decatur, IL

That brings us to 19.  Gord and I will also be inviting all international attendees, but we don't have a count on that number yet.

Ed

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:36 PM, RivNut said:

That brings us to 19.  Gord and I will also be inviting all international attendees, but we don't have a count on that number yet.

Ed

Just to let you know, there is one couple from Canada, and one member from Germany registered. That might put you at 22 if those folks decide to join you.

Of course you never know, as has been discussed before, there is a very small percentage of the membership that frequents the internet and/or this forum, SO, once the word gets out about your get together during the meet you might end up with lots of people in attendance wanting to partake? Of course if it is just for forum members and members from outside the US you shouldn't run into a problem.

1 hour ago, Rivman said:

Just to let you know, there is one couple from Canada, and one member from Germany registered. That might put you at 22 if those folks decide to join you.

Of course you never know, as has been discussed before, there is a very small percentage of the membership that frequents the internet and/or this forum, SO, once the word gets out about your get together during the meet you might end up with lots of people in attendance wanting to partake? Of course if it is just for forum members and members from outside the US you shouldn't run into a problem.

Gord is going to extend a personal invitation to the international attendees and we have made a note of the numbers they'll represent..  He's personally inviting them as a thank you to all of the ROA folks in Australia who made him feel so welcome when he and Susan went down there last year. 

We fully intend to extend the invitation to anyone in attendance.  We're just tying to get an idea of the number who might  be attending so that if we need to reserve a shelter somewhere, we can do it as far in advance as possible.  Gord puts 30 people as the max that his place can accommodate comfortably.  

Thanks,

Ed

1 hour ago, Rivman said:

How did the BBQ turn out?

Any feedback for those of us unable to attend?

The AACA  ROA guys who were there said they'd never tasted better BBQ.  The attendees who were international attendees were also there.  Klaus went back for thirds.

• Like 1