Sign in to follow this  
D-a-n-i-e-l

Black IPC help

Recommended Posts

I know this has been covered but I have a few things going on. I went off no warning signs.

What are some simple checks?

Also most common reason for them going out.

Thanks for the help.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not matter what has stopped working my rule of thumb is this. Check the fuse. If that is good I then look at the component that is giving me trouble as bad as I never think the wiring has failed. That is why I keep known good working replacement parts on hand.

 However you can pull the IPC check the connection and then reinstall. If that doesn't do it the IPC is bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(I would say about 85% of the time it is a bad cluster. The other 15 percent it's a bad ECM. )

Posted before by an authority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Danial I have an extra 1988/89 IPC. Shoot me an email with your contact info and I'll get it out to you. 

 lemke1044@aol.com

 Your one of the "good guys" that have contributed greatly to the forum and as a reward for your service to our country.

 Thanks

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 5:06 PM, DAVES89 said:

Danial I have an extra 1988/89 IPC. Shoot me an email with your contact info and I'll get it out to you. 

 lemke1044@aol.com

 Your one of the "good guys" that have contributed greatly to the forum and as a reward for your service to our country.

 Thanks

 

I may have to take you up on that. The only one I could find near me did not fix the issue, and was untested prior. I did all the checks in the FSM, but it only covers the power and ground inputs. I really do not want to swap parts to figure it out but that looks to be the best option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this