Engine swap

BobbyBuick

I,M wanting to put a newer 1952 Buick motor in my 1938 . Will the motor mount on the 38 which is the 248 block FIT the the 264 cu. Block which is basicly a plate under the timing COVER. I DON,T have anything torn down yet . Anybody know if it will work.  Thank

I put a 52 263 in my 37 Special and used the flathead Ford biscuit mount cushions on the front and will soon replace the rears with the same. The factory ones on the rear have a shearing force on the rubber which is a no-no for heavy duty use. The Ford type are what many of the after market engine mount kits use. It took the rocking out of the engine when we use the old Buick to pull a car up onto the 4 post lift. Use the Buick because the smooth concrete floor doesn't provide traction for a pickup unless we drop a big block in the bed. Oh yeah, my old cars are NOT trailer queens. Left mount cushion is directly under the alternator in pictures.

Straight 8 a-c mount 001.jpg

Straight 8 a-c mount 002.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I owned and drove my 38BuickSpecial  for most of the past 32 years with its original running motor .  75K now. I DON,T think it' EVER been torn down. Lots of leaks now. Parked a few years ago, because of them,   EXCITED  about the swap ,   Don,t like to modify the original car to much. But would like a cross country driver.  I will try to get some  pics to post All this information will be  helpful and will use.  Like the idea of a.c. to keep my wife cool ,,! smiley face   Bobby

19 hours ago, BobbyBuick said:

HI YES IT A STANDARD TRANS. LIKE THE 38 SPECIAL. 263 CU. REBUILT . NOT SURE ABOUT THE REAR MOTOR MOUNT ,ANY HELP THERE THANKS

If I understand your question on the rear mount, I believe the '52 flywheel housing has the same ears as the '38.  If not, the flywheel housing from the '38 should bolt right up to the '52. I THINK!

Ben