leomara

1929 Chrysler Model 75 Roadster Wanted

Looking for one of these automobiles in grade 3 condition, serviceable unrestored or older restoration requiring maintenance. 

Leo 

I have a 1926 60 series roadster. 6 cyl. numbers matching, 95% restored. U.S $15,000/Can. $20,000 Interested? Have a coupe and sedan also. John Ontario, Canada

Keep the grenades.  I know that somewhere there is one or more of these cars which could be purchased if the right person sees my request.  

• Like 1

It only took a short 3 1/2 years to find the perfect open 1924 Cadillac for me. That was about 30 years ago. It was even better than I had hoped ! Less expensive than I would have thought. I enjoyed driving it around in the heat of last night. The closed counterpart to it which I craved with a passion, took over 20 years to find. In fact I had given up as Mother Nature and Father Time did their thing on me. My standards are very high. And then, about 4 years ago, I stumbled into a beautiful 1927 sedan. Portland OR Craigslist, less than 200 miles from me. Even better than I had hoped ! Less expensive than I would have thought.

Keep the faith, my brother ! Follow all leads. Keep all your irons in the fire. Accept no substitutes.  Best of luck, enjoy the hunt !  -  Carl 

I was approached by someone who claimed there were several of these available in Australia, I would think that the gentleman from there should have his pick.  Besides he is not really interested in a Model 75 exclusively.  Unfortunate for me, I know nothing about the differences between export and domestic models, even Canadian to US differences puzzle me.  Any place where those details could be made clearer because I must become more familiar with my prey!

I see many of our members are trying to find you the right car. A 29 model 75 roadster is a tough one. If you are interested, I have something close, although it would take me quite some time to dig the car out. A 29 model 65 roadster, however, the car is pretty rough from sitting for 60+ years. It's not a driver for sure. ?

Thank you RICHELIEUMOTOR, but no I'm not really interested in tackling a full restoration at this point.  I will continue my quest.....

Beautiful Car!!! Really Nice,  But there is quite a few differences between a 65 Series and a 75 Series the 65 front fenders are the same as 29 Plymouth the Headlights on the 75 series are Bigger and Badged with Chrysler emblem's with a more decorative headlight bar, the bumpers on the 75 Series are nicer with nice center badge, the Rumble seat has a extra flip up lid to get in and out easier, The wheel base might be a hair longer, not sure on that and 10 more horsepower engine for sure, and last I can think of is the 75 Series has the golf club side door, and the cowl side air doors.  Both Cars Nice cars to own.

Good luck on your endeavors. The 75 will cost a bit more then the 65 in my opine :rolleyes:

Here is a site to compare

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1929-CHRYSLER-SERIES-75-ROADSTER-188478

Well maybe not if I was in that market, but you will note I'm looking for a grade 3-4 automobile not a fully restored piece........(Translation:  If I was that wealthy I would certainly bid on one!)

Edited by leomara
afterthought (see edit history)