Photo uploading problems Anyone else having them?

I have been uploading photos on and off for the last week from the same camera on the same setting.  While uploading them I occasionally get a message they are too big.  Though when checked they are usually 1.9 MB or so well under the 9.7? limit.  Sometimes later they will upload,  other times not.   Is it something my end or a server / forum issue? 

Give this a try

This is what I do. I right click on the picture. Then choose open with paint. Then go to the view tab. Then select zoom. Then custom, and then click 50%. Then hit save and your file will be half of the original size. That's for XP. If you're using Windows 7 then click on the re size tab on the home screen and change the 100% to 50% and save. Works every time for me.

I'm running a MAC.  Maybe some way to do it there as well.  My big  question is though,  why does it work some time and not others with the same exact photo I have done nothing with?  Why does it say a 1.77MB file is to big and must not be bigger than a 9.77MB? 

There has to be a system glitch of some sort.  Has anyone else had the same problem? 

I would try a disk clean up for the Window's users.  This will clean up cookies, temp internet files,  recycle can and such.  It's under programs, accessories, system tools.  See if that helps.  It may clear out your passwords that you use for sites like Ebay, the Forum here, and sites like that.  I have them written down so if I get a brain fade or an issue I know what they were.  Mac guys, not to sure what you got going on. :unsure: