Pre select 4 speed trans as Original
Certified Cord by the ACD club
Rich Maroon in color
Tan leather interior
Very nice chrome trim etc.
All glass nice
4 new Coker wide whitewall radial tires, correct size
Runs and drives as it should.
Asking $68000.00 or Trade for interesting vintage autos. I just noticed the cert sheet says fiberglass front fenders, they are steel original Cord fenders.
I dont need help selling please dont solicit me.
Im not in a hurry, dont need to sell, would rather trade than cash out.
Please contact Steve with any questions
24eightfour628846

00N0N_5iZO907ztmA_600x450.jpg
00303_fAnig6ajcv8_600x450.jpg
00404_kcMN1Gzk8cU_600x450.jpg
00U0U_lxxNo8uZUvf_600x450.jpg
00W0W_kqBtYKL86zh_600x450.jpg
00N0N_lJwPTT0lZqW_600x450.jpg
01717_43sUbyeC0Ya_600x450.jpg
00e0e_bcTtfkr48pG_600x450.jpg
01010_hJ4dJMxTYg5_600x450.jpg

1 hour ago, Dynaflash8 said:

Did they take a lot of liberties with the interior of this car, or was it a custom order.  I see the paperwork, but can't read it.  This is a beauty.  Probably over $100K I'll bet.

That is an arm chair Beverly interior. It is done correctly.

1 hour ago, Brass is Best said:

The 100G open cars tend not to shift themselves. It takes a little more today to get a good one.

Cord is one of the few cars where you got two basic styles.  An open car or a 4 door sedan,  so there are no "bridge" cars like a coupe or even 2 door sedan.  So I would say yes if Cord made a coupe that would be the 100G car then 150G for a nice open one 2+ condition. But I would think Normal good money for a sedan is tapped out in the 60's maybe 70ish,  unless it's supercharged,  then that's a different story.  How many sedans have changed hands for near or above 100G.  I've seen a few for sale for Years.  I know of a beautiful Phaeton that was freshly restored by an ACD man That I would say had to be a #1 or extremely close that took a little time to sell for 150 and not sure if he ever actually got all of that or a little south.  He is the type of guy that built his cars,  had a surplus of parts, then drove them a few states to ACD meets. 

There are 3 Cord coupes, 1 of which is original and 2 are copies (If I'm remembering correctly).   The original would bring more money than a standard cabriolet.  If they were made in equal number probably not.  But these days,  attractive coupes (think 32 3 window) can bring the same or more than an open car.

6 hours ago, Dynaflash8 said:

Well, I learn something every day.  I've looked at Cord's since 1953 and never have seen one.

It was a 1936 only option and cost more than the standard interior. It could be done in any color cloth or leather the owner desired. Factory color choices for the Cord were only suggestions. Gordon Buehrig's personal Cord sedan had this interior. Here are a few more examples.

05f6309c4574779dd4b4cad1cf45845a--cords-special-interest.jpg

c3.jpg

photo-118.jpg

photo-416.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, alsancle said:

There are 3 Cord coupes, 1 of which is original and 2 are copies (If I'm remembering correctly).   The original would bring more money than a standard cabriolet.  If they were made in equal number probably not.  But these days,  attractive coupes (think 32 3 window) can bring the same or more than an open car.

3 coupes were built originally. Today there are 4 or 5 that exist. I have seen at least 3 in the wild. One of the new ones has a fiberglass roof. Real coupes have an M in the serial number. A real coupe would bring more money than a Sportsman Cabriolet. 

being a Beverly- it will also have the "knapsack" trunk, which I never liked that much- so while you get that great interior, body style changes a bit.

also if I remember correctly, any color could be custom ordered for paint for an extra 125.

5 hours ago, Brass is Best said:

3 coupes were built originally. Today there are 4 or 5 that exist. I have seen at least 3 in the wild. One of the new ones has a fiberglass roof. Real coupes have an M in the serial number. A real coupe would bring more money than a Sportsman Cabriolet. 

I don't like the fact that there are more existing that were built by the factory.  That amounts clones and the hobby has never supported clones.  Just my opinion.

• Like 1

A legit leather arm chair car is a premium by far over a standard Westchester.    The coolest Cord I ever saw was at the reunion when I was 10 years old.    It was a long wheel base Beverley with leather arm chairs and a divider window.  Have never seen another.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 6/10/2018 at 1:13 AM, Brass is Best said:

It was a 1936 only option and cost more than the standard interior. It could be done in any color cloth or leather the owner desired. Factory color choices for the Cord were only suggestions. Gordon Buehrig's personal Cord sedan had this interior. Here are a few more examples.

05f6309c4574779dd4b4cad1cf45845a--cords-special-interest.jpg

c3.jpg

photo-118.jpg

photo-416.jpg

I am doing research on behalf of a collector about the existence of factory produced Cord's with leather interiors or those available with leather as an option through distributors. Your photos seem to indicate that leather was indeed an option on Beverley's with the pleats. do you have the source of the first two catalog pictures?  

On 6/10/2018 at 7:00 AM, mercer09 said:

being a Beverly- it will also have the "knapsack" trunk, which I never liked that much- so while you get that great interior, body style changes a bit.

also if I remember correctly, any color could be custom ordered for paint for an extra 125.

That is false. Beverly does NOT describe the body style. It is an interior description. The Beverly interior was more luxurious. Probably the reason that most people think the Beverly is the "knapsack" version is because most Beverlys have that feature, which came out in 1937. But there are, indeed, "slantback" Beverly Cords. I was bidding on one last year at the Auburn spring auction.

• Like 3

On 6/10/2018 at 7:42 AM, alsancle said:

A legit leather arm chair car is a premium by far over a standard Westchester.    The coolest Cord I ever saw was at the reunion when I was 10 years old.    It was a long wheel base Beverley with leather arm chairs and a divider window.  Have never seen another.

And once you sit in and drive an armchair Beverly, you will not want to go back. It's kind of like getting a taste of first class on a trans-atlantic flight, then having to return on coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, West Peterson said:

And once you sit in and drive an armchair Beverly, you will not want to go back. It's kind of like getting a taste of first class on a trans-atlantic flight, then having to return on coach.

So how many SC divider Arm chair cars are there?

On 6/10/2018 at 7:00 AM, mercer09 said:

The "knapsack" trunk as referenced is not a feature on the early armchair Beverly cars (I am sure a Cord expert can add a lot more to this discussion). 

On 6/10/2018 at 7:42 AM, alsancle said:

If I was checking the boxes for a closed Cord to buy one - I would ideally want an early armchair Beverly with the bolt on trunk (they bolt on like an 34-36 Auburn Sedan or Phaeton bolts on, but I do not think many were made) and in Geneva Blue (or Rich maroon) would be nice. 

• 2 weeks later...

The renumbering of 1936 Cord 810's was done to unsold ones at year's end, I believe with different blocks of numbers assigned for cars still at the factory vs. those at dealers.  Therefore it is easy to identify the renumbered Cords.  While the '36's look like the '37's, there were differences, such as the change from Lockheed brakes to Bendix.  I have been told that Packard did renumbering too, is that right West? 

On 5/7/2019 at 7:57 PM, Dave Henderson said:

The renumbering of 1936 Cord 810's was done to unsold ones at year's end, I believe with different blocks of numbers assigned for cars still at the factory vs. those at dealers.  Therefore it is easy to identify the renumbered Cords.  While the '36's look like the '37's, there were differences, such as the change from Lockheed brakes to Bendix.  I have been told that Packard did renumbering too, is that right West? 

I'm not familiar with any renumbering by Packard. I know that there are several 1931 Packards that were "updated" with 1932-looking features, and possibly titled as 1932s, but I don't think they were re-numbered.

• Like 1

Cord renumbered leftover 1936 models as well, never have read that before.  It does make sense given the economic environment, especially for untried, relatively expensive cars such a Cord.

Packard and Kaiser-Frazer both ended up renumbering masses of leftover cars in the 1948-'50 years purely because of management decisions to over-produce without adjusting to current sales demand.  It cost both companies dearly, millions to clean up new discounted cars, diverted sales from their newest models, damaged their respective dealership organizations and flooded the used car with cars that depressed the resale value of their cars in general.   The lingering damage contributed to the eventual demise of both carmakers, among those causes.