1926 Auburn Brougham Sedan

Not mine. Thought someone here may be interested.

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/1926-auburn-brougham-sedan/6611875088.html

Original full correct classic 1926 Auburn Brougham. Lycoming straight eight runs (but needs bearings). Original leather upholstery, original patina. Rebuilt generator, starter, distributor, NOS radiator core. Many rare accessories (Monarch driving lights to match headlights, dogbone cap with Auburn Boyce Senior Motometer. New roof, new running boards w/correct trim, dual rear spares.

Call for questions: 260-388-2011. $18,500.00

00707_l5LOIBhPRl9_600x450.jpg
00Y0Y_jmMPByM96RD_600x450.jpg
01111_1x3jqiXE2ij_600x450.jpg
00a0a_biFpX7JRB9D_600x450.jpg
00o0o_fxHxtUQSkL6_600x450.jpg

Two "IF"s  : IF the interior is at least as presentable as the "can" it is in, and IF the Auburn sedan were mine, I would totally go through it mechanically  and drive on, and on, and on. I would drive it all over the country and visit all of you. Then you could call me "Auburn Carl".  ?.   -  Cadillac Carl  ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sligermachine said:

Might be able to take shims out of the mane caps and make it run nice .!!

Might but that's a big gamble as I'm sure they aren't going to let you drop the pan to check before you buy it. 

Last time I made that gamble,  I ended up rebuilding the engine because the pistons were completely shot. The rings looked like pebbles.  Amazingly the cylinders were clean enough to get away with a hone.  I figured no big deal it's a 36 Chrysler 6.  Then I found out it's a 2 year engine in Chrysler and a 3 year engine in Desoto with no industrial applications,  so parts were a bit tough to come by at that time. Mains were within tollerance luckily as even though they are shells,  I was only able to find a couple of them and not a whole set NOS. 

Now I'm a bit more cautious.  I did that engine myself. 

Running on ancient Babbitt even if it looks good is a gamble. The stuff gets brittle and can shatter. My ‘32 Packard ran well but when I investigated a subtle knock the rod bearings literally fell apart in my hands. 

Insert bearings weren’t seen until the late 30’s on some cars. 

That car is so nice. To bad I don't have any more room for cars .that need new bearings I have never poured  Babbitt bearings but I will soon I am going to fix my 1929 doge it knocks a little that is how it was when me and grandpa finished it  but  I was only a little kid and he knew I could not drive it far so he did not care  it would be 3 years be for I could drive it off the farm . Now I can fix it in my machine shop after I melt down some Babbitt? with some help from my friends here  !! -kyle

Edited by sligermachine (see edit history)
  • Like 2