1929 Pontiac 6-29 Two-Door Sedan *SOLD*

*SOLD* 1929 Pontiac "Big Six" two-door sedan. Older restoration still in good order. Runs and drives well, no significant modifications. Good paint and chrome, nice interior, reasonably well detailed engine compartment. Could probably use tires, but it looks good on the blackwalls. Everything works except the fuel gauge and horn. Ready to enjoy entry-level hobby car. $14,900.

001.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

008.JPG

040.JPG

042.JPG

044.JPG

045.JPG

047.JPG

060.JPG

063.JPG

065.jpg

066.jpg

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)
  • Like 3

They are chrome. They just look like that because of the white floor and gray walls in the photo studio. I don't have a photo that shows anything but the neutral background, although this one shows a bit of reflection. They are chrome and in good condition.

014.JPG

What an excellent looking Series 6-29A.  Beautiful original looking colours.  I see four things that are not stock but could be easily remedied.  Anyone who buys this should know that my Series 6-30B has given me 59 years of excellent service on top of the 29 years of service that it gave my Grandfather.  In the years that I have driven mine I have put 400,000+ miles on it and only been towed home once.  In 99,000 miles my Grandfather was towed home once.  I drive many miles at night and/or on the highway, usually cruising at 50-55 mph.  A very easy care and easy to drive vehicle.  I hope the person that buys it wants to drive it, not just take it to local shows.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

After all the recent hoopla in these forums about the (death of, overpricing, undervaluing, hoarding, lack of interest) in prewar cars it has been interesting to see the amount of high quality and affordable cars that have been advertised for sale in just the last month, this one being a prime example. If you want a prewar car it seems to me that this is a very good time to acquire one.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

I have restored these 26 to 32 pontiacs for over 57 years there are a few modifications that have been made from original if you were going to show this car for points you would be dinged about 15 points for alterations in the engine compartment and a few for alterations from the original front seat where is the wood frame as this is a bench seat with pull forward tops not buckets #1 The engine temp gauge is not hooked up to the last head bolt on drivers side next to firewall where it should be the head bolt should have a threaded shaft on top and the temp gauge screws down on it. The horn bracket is not original the horn should be above the engine block to keep the high temp from the horn the horn bracket is also missing the cork insertion gasket to shield the horn from heat i could go on but that would detract from this nice looking car and priced  reasonably for what you get too many are over priced  there is a justification since people think that just because a car is old it is valuable not true it is what someone is willing to pay due to the cost to replace the wood but that is the way  it is you very seldom on these cars ever get back what it cost to do we do it for the love of these work of art that the craftsmanship is lost with time but the 29 true roadster fisher body and then the hollister  body ones that have the real value as much as 50 to 75 thousand or more the 32 is the king of value sometimes i have seen all original roadster's nothing touched go for 125 thousand the hollister body the 1929 oakland roadster is the king going for as much as 150 thousand ones are really hard to find and are even harder to find all original there are a few in australia but getting back to this car i think it is priced right for what you get but good inspection will tell the facts such as dry rot around door posts tops and bottom floor joints trunk wood around frame and wheel wheels and how sound the doors when open and closed these are really heavy doors and around the splash aprons for rust and weather does it have the original blossom semi coincidental mechanical ignition lock assembly which locks the transmission in neutral when key is removed and if it still has mechanical breaks or has been upgraded to hydraulics it seem to be accepted in some shows to upgrade the breaks for safety reasons the rule for mechanical is you leave a lot of distances between cars especially when they get wet  i never drive mine when raining  for that reason i would not want to damage my 29 holister body roadster

• 3 months later...
On 9/12/2018 at 2:03 PM, 1929 pontiac coupe man said:

I have restored these 26 to 32 pontiacs for over 57 years there are a few modifications that have been made from original if you were going to show this car for points you would be dinged about 15 points for alterations in the engine compartment and a few for alterations from the original front seat where is the wood frame as this is a bench seat with pull forward tops not buckets

I have restored quite a few GM 29-32 fisher bodied cars and a fair amount of them have been two door sedans though none have been Pontiac. I have never seen a wooden framed one piece lower front seat with tilt backs yet. Every single one has had the two jump seats with the drivers seat slightly larger than the passenger. Do you have any pictures of the seatyou describe as I find that statement interesting.

The car Matt has here is a very nice car and a steal at the listed price. The work into the wood wheels alone is worth 1/3rd the price. Moving some brackets is no big deal and the other small issues could most likely be left as is and would probably go unnoticed in today’s judged shows. I believe the front seat arrangement is correct but I could be wrong. The 30’ Pontiac had two jump seats like this one. If I was looking for a nice prewar car and wanted to have something different than the all too common cars always seen,  this would be my choice.

The front seats are the same as the Series 6-29A 2-door that I had.  The horn bracket just needs to be mounted the other way up.  The horn should sit higher than the head, not lower.  The drivers door trim panel should match the passengers.  The horn wire should be armored and run from the generator to the horn and then from the horn to the steering column.  It has an incorrect carb and the flame arrestor should be towards the front not the back.  All easy and economical fixes.

• 5 years later...
On 9/12/2018 at 2:03 PM, 1929 pontiac coupe man said:

I have restored these 26 to 32 pontiacs for over 57 years there are a few modifications that have been made from original if you were going to show this car for points you would be dinged about 15 points for alterations in the engine compartment and a few for alterations from the original front seat where is the wood frame as this is a bench seat with pull forward tops not buckets #1 The engine temp gauge is not hooked up to the last head bolt on drivers side next to firewall where it should be the head bolt should have a threaded shaft on top and the temp gauge screws down on it. The horn bracket is not original the horn should be above the engine block to keep the high temp from the horn the horn bracket is also missing the cork insertion gasket to shield the horn from heat i could go on but that would detract from this nice looking car and priced  reasonably for what you get too many are over priced  there is a justification since people think that just because a car is old it is valuable not true it is what someone is willing to pay due to the cost to replace the wood but that is the way  it is you very seldom on these cars ever get back what it cost to do we do it for the love of these work of art that the craftsmanship is lost with time but the 29 true roadster fisher body and then the hollister  body ones that have the real value as much as 50 to 75 thousand or more the 32 is the king of value sometimes i have seen all original roadster's nothing touched go for 125 thousand the hollister body the 1929 oakland roadster is the king going for as much as 150 thousand ones are really hard to find and are even harder to find all original there are a few in australia but getting back to this car i think it is priced right for what you get but good inspection will tell the facts such as dry rot around door posts tops and bottom floor joints trunk wood around frame and wheel wheels and how sound the doors when open and closed these are really heavy doors and around the splash aprons for rust and weather does it have the original blossom semi coincidental mechanical ignition lock assembly which locks the transmission in neutral when key is removed and if it still has mechanical breaks or has been upgraded to hydraulics it seem to be accepted in some shows to upgrade the breaks for safety reasons the rule for mechanical is you leave a lot of distances between cars especially when they get wet  i never drive mine when raining  for that reason i would not want to damage my 29 holister body roadster

Hello.  I saw your posts a few weeks ago - even though the last one was 2021 - and have been trying to find you ever since.  I have a '29 coupe and a million questions and from what I have read in your posts you have the answers.  How can I get in touch with you, or if anyone reading this and knows 29 Pontiac Coupe Man I would be so appreciative if you can hook us together.  Text me 941-928-4141 Bill Hutchison