1956 46-R w/factory A/C, no rust, Dallas car

Pete Phillips

Selling this for the owner who has serious health issues and will not be able to drive again. 1956 Special 2-dr. hardtop with original paint and upholstery, no rust, solid floors, bought new at Strayhorn-Lacey Buick in Dallas, Texas; equipped with factory A/C, power steering, Dynaflow, radio, tinted glass all around, full wheel covers. Has rebuilt 322 upgraded to a four-barrel carburetor. Needs paint, carpet, and fuel system will need to be cleaned out because it has been sitting for four years. My shop rebuilt the engine four years ago. Owner had us put a 1955 front clip on it because he likes 1955 Buick styling better than 1956--I know, I know, why didn't he buy a '55. I have most of the parts to convert it back to a '56 front clip, except for left front fender. The chrome trim is in the trunk--he was getting ready to have it painted a crimson color--we did the firewall that color while the engine was out. Then he ran out of $$ and progress stopped. Been in storage since. $4,000 firm, with the ;56 parts that I have, but I will not install them for that price.  Located in northeastern Texas. Pete Phillips, BCA #7338.

IMG_7321.JPG

56 rear resized.jpg

IMG_7326 56 eng resized.jpg

IMG_7322 56 int. resized.jpg

IMG_7330 56 dash resized.jpg

IMG_7332 56 fender resized.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pete Phillips said:

That is because we put a four-barrel carburetor on it and I did not have an oil bath air cleaner for a 4-barrel mid-1950s Buick. Car is still for sale, by the way. Lots of interest and talkers, but no $$ yet.

Pete

Did you already re- engineer the hood hinges? 56 and 55 are different