temperature gauge capilary tube

I have a 1936 Buick special coupe, originally had a 233 straight eight engine. Am keeping everything I can stock and at least Buick - I have replaced the engine with a 1965 Buick 401 Nailhead & mating trans. I am keeping the original gauges as the cluster is in great shape and just works so well with the art deco interior. My problem is the temperature gauge capilary tube has straight threads and flat on four sides and the tip sealed itself in the engine. The Nailhead has a female pipe thread (tapered) hole and the two don't mate . Anyone know of an adaptor or have an idea to solve this problem ? Thanks Al T. 

I just went through a similiar situation and needed an adapter/bushing for the manifold. After spending a couple of hours running all over town going to the local auto parts stores and not finding anything, I came back to the trusty computer and eventually ended up on EBay. You should determine the diameter and thread sizes you need and do a search. For instance I needed a 5/8” NF by 1/4” NPT. Actually found one on EBay and the seller was GlowShiftGages. Hope this helps! 

Thanks PLY33, went to O'reily's and although not on the shelf they did have a kit behind the counter with 4 different size brass adaptor fittings. The 5/8"nf x 1/4"npt fit right on. Thought this was going to be a nightmare - Happy Ending.Appreciate the help.

Al T.

• Like 2