Villa d'Este Video

60FlatTop

Yes, that is a well done video ... thanks for posting.

It's always nice to see how the "Other Half" lives, especially since many of them are "gear heads" (albeit high-end ones) sorta, kinda, almost like us on this here Forum.

Cheers,

Grog

My Son is a video editor so the quality really caught my eye.

And, at 2:20, the courtesy car is very similar to what I am taking my Wife for a ride in the country with. Maybe we will ride over by the old peasant farm.

Bernie

Great video. I need to show this to my wife so she can see what a Concourse is like. Last time we were in Europe there was one on nearby. I would have liked to have had a  attended but really didn't have any clothing appropriate for a high end event, my wife couldn't understand this, mind you she always looks beautiful and dresses well so she probably could have fitted straight in, myself on the other hand usually need a bit of prep work ?. Maybe next time. One thing I have discovered is if they are real car people they will talk if you show that you are interested in there car .

Yep Taco Bell would be more my style. Just showed my wife the video and her comments were as follows. Wow where are the smiles and fun why would you do something like that if it makes you so sad? Also that her fathers cousin lived on lake Como unfortunately we can't stay with her cause she's dead. 

Oh well I thinks I'll be more comfortable have fun locally and if I have to push my car I won't have such a large crowd?

5 hours ago, Vintageben said:

if I have to push my car I won't have such a large crowd?

The BMW Group  had the video produced. I liked that one little shot of the Bentley being pushed. BMW Group, your efforts did not go unappreciated.

The BMW's proceeded in a stately manner.

Bernie

I happened to be in the neighborhood over this last weekend and was able to attend the show both days.(2018) Quite a place for a car show. I saw some jaw dropping stuff, some that I was not even familiar with. Here is a photo from the first day, the 540K Cab A was a Massachusetts car for many years and owned by family friends for something like forty years. Overall an incredible automotive adventure. I have more photos if anyone wants to see them, ask and I will post. 

120540E7-F21E-4A10-8146-A74376E8A9AA.jpeg

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I knew Tom and he had quite a few cars over the years. None of his cars were at that show that I am familiar with. I know where his Nash and Pierce are, as for the others, I have no idea where they are.

Some movie car.........it’s only 30 inches high, it was in the class “Hollywood Cars”. The Aston from the James Bond series was there, the one used in Goldfinger and The Spy Who Loved Me. All the neat special effects were working on it.

Not sure this will work, my first ever YouTube link here. If you look close you can see me in the video, my three seconds of fame.......I’m in camera view from .59 to about 1.10 in the white shirt with my hand up at first. The video is the second day, open to the public in a park about 600yards from Villa D’Est. It was five euro to get in, that’s six dollars American. The Italian people love their cars, and everyone was very friendly. The setting is simply spectacular as both Villa’s were built in the sixteenth century. Only drawback to this show is the food......I put on two and a half pounds while I was there. I enjoyed seeing the James Bond 007 DB5 again, very cool. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 2

A coffee at the Hotel was 17.50 American. Includes cream and sugar. I had water. It was only 4 Euro each.

2 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

I have been to Europe a few times. No free ketchup at the table, comes in little containers. It is not the high cost of living, just the high living that costs. 

Interpol spreads the word when those Idaho passports hit Europe.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/grandma-booked-in-boise-in-library-condiment-crime-spree-doesnt-hold-the-mayo-say-cops/

The lady was and is considered a hero around here. She was standing up for the ones who can not!!! The treatment of the mayo/dressing people out here has gone to far. The day will come when the voices in Idaho will be heard!!!!  We will no longer just stand with our potato's and be silent.