old car exhibition in France

4 hours ago, sebastienbuick said:

Thank you, yes indeed for the French market there was some modification on the vehicles, as on my electra 1969, because of the norms I do not have the original exterior mirror and I can not find it now :( 

Was your '69 Buick sold there new? Or was it a later import into France?

Craig

3 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Was your '69 Buick sold there new? Or was it a later import into France?

Craig

yes my electra was sold new in France (has a doctor in Monaco), it was manufactured in Michigan in the GM factory.
so I do not have the original seatbelt and I do not have the original exterior rearview Mirror :/

Peugeot 205 and Peugeot 304 convertible

SAM_9669.JPG.b775ab8e014b7d0b0f57ca1598eb268a.JPG

Renault 4cv and Renault dauphine 1093

SAM_9671.JPG.89387d2610b86272f609ee1e2621d864.JPG

SAM_9672.JPG.965b39a4086c495b33f7aeefa63138e7.JPG

6 hours ago, sebastienbuick said:

yes my electra was sold new in France (has a doctor in Monaco), it was manufactured in Michigan in the GM factory.
so I do not have the original seatbelt and I do not have the original exterior rearview Mirror :/

What did it have originally for a rear view mirror?  And shoulder belts were probably not a requirement in France at the time, correct?

I agree, cars sold outside their home market are interesting, because of these subtle differences.  Even your local vintage car magazine, Auto Retro, thought a US Market Renault 5/Le Car was 'different' enough to feature in their magazine: http://www.lva-auto.fr/boutique/magazines/autoretro/autoretro-n-404-du-01-01-2016.html

Craig

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 8E45E said:

What did it have originally for a rear view mirror?  And shoulder belts were probably not a requirement in France at the time, correct?

I agree, cars sold outside their home market are interesting, because of these subtle differences.  Even your local vintage car magazine, Auto Retro, thought a US Market Renault 5/Le Car was 'different' enough to feature in their magazine: http://www.lva-auto.fr/boutique/magazines/autoretro/autoretro-n-404-du-01-01-2016.html

Craig

Hello, instead of having exterior mirrors buick, there are two retractable mirror French (or European).
and for safety belts, instead of having the beautiful belt with GM written on it, I have a big strap and a small one on the other side with a buckle.
yes indeed the renault 5 The bus was for the American market, and the collector of renault 5 in France is also looking for this model ;)